• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon or Falco?

CocoMjr

Smash Rookie
I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and still cannot decide who I want to main. I have narrowed it down to falcon and falco however both characters are just SO much fun I can't decide. I would love to put time into both however I feel playing two characters will make it harder for me to improve. Any suggestions on who I should main or a suggestion on how to make a final decision?

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Well that's a game so why don't you play both of them and have fun with the game ?

Anyway, if this is for tournament purposes, I guess you might just compare their rank in the tier list, Captain Falcon is at 08th place and Falco is at 02th Place. Back in the days where I played Melee, I found that Falco was as great as fun to play with. If you really want just one of them, I would tell you to go the Falco way.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is viable, but very limited. Fighting Fox, Falco, and Sheik will be steep uphill battles. Be ready for the disadvantages if you solo main Falcon

The best way to determine who you should solo main is to keep playing all of your options until you drop all characters but 1

Yawshi

Smash Cadet
Based of the teir list: falco
Based of how fun: Falcon

I guess which ever one of these you care about more.

GhostM

Phantom
It really depends on the certain play style that you want to roll with. Falcon is a great character to pickup to learn the fundamentals of Melee and how to combo, but there are tough matchups against him including Sheik, Fox, and Falco. Falco is an extremely good character that can pressure opponents with his laser, but he is also susceptible to combos and being gimped for his short recovery. All in all it just comes down to preference of play style and the feel of the character.

KingCosta

Smash Rookie
Ok, like Falco is good for speed and quick kill set-ups and Falcon is more tank-ish characters so it depends on play-style bro.

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
you should really try playing both. while its partially true that it may slow you down, mostly in the falco domain since he requires a higher techskill lever than falcon, playing two characters has lots of benefits. for example if you're against marth, you wouldn't want to play falco, since falcon is much better against marth than falco.

Top Bottom