• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon MU

MJfan725

Smash Apprentice
Need some help with this. How do I avoid being comboed outside of the obvious combo DI? Ive also been labbing the tech chase and edge guarding

Edit: Some GIFs of Falcons tech rolls would be nice as well, I cant find them anywhere

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Try make it hard for him to grab you in the first place. Falcon grab has awful range, so they'll usually dash beforehand for forwards momentum to ensure it won't whiff (dash/JC grab). Don't have much experience in the Falcon MU, but spacing needles and sticking to moving around different plat heights would make it probably give him a harder time getting grabs. Throwing out hitboxes like spacing Bairs and AC Fairs in place help to. That way, if you do discourage him from grabs, he'll only approach with hitboxes or space around you. Shield and punish the non-grab approaches, and needle him to force the approaches if he's just spacing.

If he does get a grab, there's the usual DI away and DI in mixups, but there's not much you can do to avoid the Uair/Fairs afaik.

MJfan725

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, ill try this out next time I play a falcon
If I get a grab, should I attempt an edgeguard or get the guaranteed damage form down throw

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You can Ftilt anything he does - he knows that and is constantly trying to bait your Ftilt.
He can safely knee your shield (dont shield grab it!)
You can CC grab his Nair on lower percents.
You can edge guard him for free with standing needles if he is recovering from below.
Ftilt any other recovery to the ledge
If he drifts all the way onto stage grab him there and throw him off - or Dair -> Fair him.

Only grab when you see him doing something laggy like Raptor Boost or Dair (It can be smash attacks etc too, but you rarely see them being used in neutral if it isn't a technical flop)
Don't try and run up and grab him. He will Dash Dance you like it's nothing - and you will get grabbed.
If he starts to Dash Dance for no reason throw a needle at him.
That should make him come flying with a Nair, which you can Ftilt and put him on the ground for the tech chase

Some falcons will try and jump around the platforms and bait you to come chase him.
Don't worry - just stay put and charge some needles. Have your Ftilt ready

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Stay grounded, Falcon is looking to get a grab or get under you
Utilize tilts out of WD to maintain walling pressure
Call out aerial approaches with nair/(needle requires read)
Tech chase him, so easy to react to his slow roll (be ready for the SDI up on your jab resets)
Respect Falcon's mobility. To do this, Sheik must remain neutral to act out and react to stuff Falcon's approaches

As far as escaping combos? Study the other side of the match up. Understand the setups that Falcon will use and the moves he will use to extend the combo at different percents and in different situations. From there, you can mix up DI to escape based off of the knowledge of what your opponent is hungry for. This aspect is largely mental.

Top Bottom