• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Megaman MU

Jc'sLeaf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1736-2769-2163
Switch FC
Im get to the point I'm reallllllllly bad at fighting megaman and I don't know why I'm okay at other zoning type matchup but not this one

Any Tips?

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
One of my friends and training partners uses MM and I actually sometimes struggle against this character too. The lemons does a great job of shutting down approach options. So what I like to do against this is run in and shield and just let the lemons take their course. You won't be able to punish them immediately but staying close to Mega Man is important because it doesn't let him set up with his specials, because then he will really be able to keep you away. When you're decently close to him and he does try to setup, then you should be fast enough to just punish him for it; my friend actually tells me he hates fighting Falcons because Falcon is too fast for him and he can't make any mistakes otherwise Falcon will destroy him. You also have to keep in mind that the pellets only do 1%, maybe less. So just stay calm and chill and wait for your chance to strike.

I just now thought of this as I was typing, but maybe perfect pivoting + shielding towards Mega Man while he's shooting will do a good job of blocking the pellets as well as getting closer to him. You can also maybe try running in and rolling behind him but only do that as a mix-up, because he will sooner or later read it and chin-check you with an up-tilt at kill percents. There are multiple videos on YouTube of Fatality vs. Scatt, look them up and see what Fatality does to force himself in.

If you're ever in tournament against a Mega Man, I'd probably suggest you make sure that you do everything to not go to FD/Omega stages. Platforms will help you avoid the pellet spam and will make it easier for you to cross him up. Hope I could help somehow, cheers

Husk94

Smash Rookie
I understand the frustration. But i dont mind megaman so much anymore thanks to some things I tried implementing. The main problem u face is lemons i imagine. The way i deal with them that helped me a lot was full hop airdodge nair. U can start a run and jump literally from one side of the stage to the other, airdodge through the pellets, and by the time u nair, only the first hit will come out. U get a free grab off of this and megaman can get juggled hard. Ur uair flat out beats his down air if u dont space poorly. He doesnt have much mobility so its easy to keep up with him. If he ever airdodges, u know what to do. Also in general, nair being 2 hits eats up 2 pellets (sometimes 3 i think). anyways it can help u get in. his recovery is relatively predictable and has no hitbox so edgegaurd him with bair or dair (whichever is comfortable). If he tries dairing u when ur recovering, u can use uair to beat it the same way as when ur juggling him. Use metal blade against him. This vid explains options with grabable projectiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiWeq_t9V0

Top Bottom