• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Kick Breaking

Smash Apprentice
So, inspired by G&W's bucketbreaking technique that cancels a lot of momentum I was working around with Falcon and his (under normal circumstances) momentum cancelling moves. The guy who found out about bucket breaking said that it's only possilbe with G&W, DK and Yoshi so far. If you use something else like Headbutt of DK or so, you'll slow but afterwards get pushed the rest of the distance.

Anyway, I had little time and I was monkeying around with Falcon and trying somehow to cancel his momentum.
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think you can just live about 10% longer.

I'll explain you how it works:
If you're hit, DI into the corner of the blastzone, do Uair (I think it's fastest), fastfall and then Falcon Kick TWICE, the Falcon Kick+the momentum you gained thru the hit will make you Falcon Kick vertically down (looks a bit weird, but works so far).
Doing the kick two times will result in the "rest-pushback" of your actual momentum being released after the second kick. So you'll first stop momentum, go a tiny bit upwards, Falcon kick again to stop momentum and float the rest distance after it.

This needs more testing tho (could be that I just DI'd godly sometimes and sometimes bad because I did like only 10 times).

At all, this could still be very useful if one is able to pull it off consistently.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm fairly sure that the upwards push also comes with an extra push away from the stage.

It seems to work that way for most stall-then-falls or momentum-stopping moves, if you use them too early.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Stop while you're ahead.

I'm testing this with my DI Instructional Video tomorrow, considering no one on these boards has told me the proper way to DI, I'm assuming no one knows how.

I'll test this method along with proper DI + Single Falcon Kick, to see if the Falcon kick helps or hurts.

I'll post findings later today.

My hypothesis:

Hurts overall, helps after the startup lag. Situational at best, and proper DI most likely outclasses it.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Falcon Kick gives an extra push. It never helps only kills. Never use it to stop momentum.

Top Bottom