• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon grabs

Falcon chain grabs?

• Legit

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Fake

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

ItalianSheathe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
I think I discovered chain grabs with capt. Falcon. On FD I threw Roy up and it didn't seem like there was a limit to it. Also does anybody have tips to help with moonwalking? And it's my birthday today!!

Last edited:

Waverider900

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2578-4178-8486
I had a lot of trouble with moonwalking for a while, just because I couldn't do it fast enough. It really does just come down to how quickly you move your control stick back and forth, and you have to be ridiculously quick (it comes with time). Happy birthday lol

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Don't say you discovered anything until you've tested it against players who can DI or wiggle out of tumble to get out of it. There might be a pseudo chaingrab on Roy at low % though, kinda like how I think there's one on Sheik at low %. It's kinda fake though cuz they beat it just by DI-ing away.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Don't say you discovered anything until you've tested it against players who can DI or wiggle out of tumble to get out of it. There might be a pseudo chaingrab on Roy at low % though, kinda like how I think there's one on Sheik at low %. It's kinda fake though cuz they beat it just by DI-ing away.
well this and the fact that even with no DI chainthrows that appear safe may be able to be just normally broken by an attack. Similar but maybe not enough hitstun (rather than DI/wiggling) to chain throws without possible interruption.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Falcon has many pseudo chaingrabs and you can easily react and know when it's safe to regrab and when its not.
Tips for moonwalking = practice mad hard all day everyday

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
There is absolutely not a guaranteed chaingrab on Roy at a majority of percents. I play up here with Pyro and comboing Roy is a pain in the ass because of the fact that he hits the ground out of Uthrow at most percents. If there is a percent that you can chaingrab him, it's probably better to just knee.

A Dumb Monkee

Smash Cadet
In regard to moonwalking, I found that I wasn't rotating the stick back up far enough after the semi-circle. Everytime I want a really long moonwalk I need to think hard about making sure I tilt the stick to about 10 o' clock. You won't jump, but you will have more momentum.

Another good thing to practice with moonwalking is that you time your jumps correctly. It's most reliable utility is when you're trying to edge hog. Get used to: dashing towards the edge > DDing back > moonwalk > short-hop/full-hop > fast fall > ledgegrab. With practice and momentum you can do it from anywhere on Yoshi's Story and 2/3rd's of FD.

Top Bottom