• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Drop

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Well in my experience you don't need to grab it perfectly at the edge every time, just a small distance from it will suffice, ofcourse you'd have to do a running grab to get them to the edge. And I do still think we should test what the opponents best options to react are, this way we can think of better ways around it instead of just walking of with the Knee or u-air every time. And you can bet on it that the opponent will know his best options when this becomes a widely used tactic, so as instead we just predict what the enemy will do, we must imo calculate this trick to the max to get the most advantage out of it.
And, you forget Falcon's speed, when they're hanging on the edge, they're not going to jump every time, they're probably going to roll, which is imo not clever to do against Falcon (d-smash), ledgehop, which we can predict and punish with a foxtrot and then grab, or they're going to attack, which we can outsmart too. So there is a pretty good chance of grabbing them when they're hanging. As for other opportunities, you'll have to create them, I find it easier to do every day.

Top Bottom