• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Ditto Matchup

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
I've always had really close Falcon dittos, but I always barely lose. I always choke in this matchup and i don't know whether to approach or defend because both backfire on me. Help?

adz

Smash Cadet
just be patient. remember, in the words of our lord and savior mang0; "you don't have to approach". be patient, hold center stage, throw out retreating nairs. when an opportunity arises, strike. normally, you'd punish with grab, and a grab leads to tech chases, tech chases lead to 0-deaths (ideally). really, the matchup comes down to neutral game and (to a lesser extent) punish game. remember, captain falcon is essentially a spacie in terms of fall speed, so combo him like you would a fox or falco.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
just be patient. remember, in the words of our lord and savior mang0; "you don't have to approach". be patient, hold center stage, throw out retreating nairs. when an opportunity arises, strike. normally, you'd punish with grab, and a grab leads to tech chases, tech chases lead to 0-deaths (ideally). really, the matchup comes down to neutral game and (to a lesser extent) punish game. remember, captain falcon is essentially a spacie in terms of fall speed, so combo him like you would a fox or falco.
Thanks. The guy i was playing with doesn't even play Falcon so he makes a lot of noob mistakes like and I'm learning to punish those since I forgot to from playing at a higher level. It's like they say: only people who don't play Falcon like the ditto.

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
You know what sucks? Almost every Fox or Falco I beat in friendlies at a tournament yesterday switched to Falcon so they could "have fun and swag" and it was so much more boring! Everyone thinks they have a falcon!

Also, I beat those posers but I suck at the ditto, please help me with neutral game and edge-guarding. For some reason edge-guardian falcon is tough for me

Last edited:

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
You know what sucks? Almost every Fox or Falco I beat in friendlies at a tournament yesterday switched to Falcon so they could "have fun and swag" and it was so much more boring! Everyone thinks they have a falcon!

Also, I beat those posers but I suck at the ditto, please help me with neutral game and edge-guarding. For some reason edge-guardian falcon is tough for me
Use his back air for edge-guarding.

Sugahighsnipa

Smash Cadet
Grab the edge when they're off-stage and wait for them to land on stage and hit them with a reverse knee. If they land on the tip of the side platforms a uair from the edge will cover it and hit them backwards (yoshi's and battlefield for sure not positive with dreamland.)

It's super simple. Their only real mixups are to fade back and make you jump early or go super far in past aerial range or edge cancel.

Top Bottom