• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Breakdown?

D-3P0

Smash Rookie
So- I really want to start playing as Captain Falcon. I've figured out how to Gentleman and shield drop without any help but there are some things I just need an explanation for.

First things first: L-Canceling/shffling in general. How do I get better at it? How Do I know when I'm doing it right? Any training methods? Anything will help.

Also: Approaching. I have this issue with every character. Basically I'm a little *****.

Last: Combos. I know a lot of the obvious ones, but there;'s more than meets the eye.

And any little Falcon specific thing.
thanks in advance!

Waverider900

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2578-4178-8486
shffling is purely just practicing against other people, or you could plug in another control, set it to human etc and then just stand in one place and shffle over and over again. You'll notice once you start getting better, and eventually you can start shffling moves while moving around; it's pretty easy to tell when you **** up an l cancel, because it impedes your movement so much.

for approach, I do a lot of either fadeaway or overshot nairs (so I can't be shield grabbed in both cases).

about combos, idk just watch some vids on youtube. hax/ s2j/ scar, etc etc

Bu$

HoC
To get better i've found is to set the cpu to level 3 or 4 and just combo then as hard as you can. Eventually you'll get quicker with linking your moves by moving out of attacks faster, fast falling faster ect.

To improve on l-canceling i just set a lv 1 bowser with a handicap, 0.5 dmg ratio. Change your handicap to 1. That way you can practice aerials on shield with fast fall speed and spacing.

Approaching is sometimes hard depending on the matchup, but general advice would be get used to using platforms by wavelading, shield dropping, falling through them with attacks.
Nair is super good too but learning when to use it is essential because one whiff in melee can kill Falcon.

Good luck and may the knee of light guide you.

Top Bottom