• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon as a team player?

Roager

Smash Ace
Any ideas for a teammate for Falcon?
Also, rate these characters, please:
Bowser
Another Falcon
Pika
Jiggz
Olimar
Snake

And I don't want to hear any jokes about Falcon being too manly for teams. It's just too easy a joke to make. If you can think of something original and witty, be my guest.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
He's not too manly for teams, but he's so manly that he goes 1v3 to even the teams out.

I don't play teams (mostly just because I don't have a partner and it's harder to find 2v2 gamese) but Bowser I would think is too slow and would get beat up pretty badly, and doesn't have any moves that would set up Falcon that well. Pikachu might be a pretty good choice mostly due to throwing people into thunderbolts. I don't like Jiggs and would expect you to have a lot of trouble against opponents with projectiles and large range smashes. I wouldn't expect Olimar would work too well in teams because you'd have to try to save him a lot from his bad recovery, although Falcon probably would be one of the best characters with which to do that because of his speed. Snake I wouldn't think would be too great in teams either, as he won't have time to use much in the way of explosives except grenade counter, leaving him with not much except for his tilts. Another Falcon would probably be alright, but I think you'd do best with someone with disjointed hitboxes and decent range, like Marth, MK, ZSS (who has the nice stun gun too), or even Ike.

Roager

Smash Ace
Ike? Don't his giant hitboxes make him one of the worst team characters in the game?

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Ike? Don't his giant hitboxes make him one of the worst team characters in the game?
No...Ike is a great team character actually. His hit boxes are big but if you're a smart team player you'll know how big they are and if they'll hit you. You can avoid them, especially when you're teammate knows your playstyle.

Also, ZSS is my secondary and she's amazing for teams, almost no matter who you team up with. Her hit stun and spacing is amazing in teams.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I figured since Falcon's jab->grab game is generally really important, it would be pretty easy to throw your opponent into one of Ike's strong moves.

Lord_erk

Smash Rookie
Personally i run with a lucario as my first partner, and my secondary partner atm is a MK

Roager

Smash Ace
why not snake..

i use snake we can do some pro stuff with the captain can avoid my grenades and catch them and falcon punch out of the dgrab.
I guess, but the Paunch is a bit too risky to throw in when you're both gangbeating somebody. I've managed a few too many team kills with that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK is the best partner for CF. He can help him to recover and his high priority distracts enemies attacks, while Falcon attacks himself

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I agree with Gheb, Falcon needs a partner that distracts the other side more than anything else as Falcon can do some incredibly low % kills and gimps if he can get a good set up.

He's definitely more built for 2v2 in brawl as he needs opportunities to arise for him

Top Bottom