• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Pikachu?

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Sorry about another vs topic but Im having a real hard time beating pikachu... I can't seem to dodge or roll away from his D-smash it alwasys gets me then he just thunders me to death... I can DI away and dodge the thunder on occasion but otherwise I just die... any tips =[...

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
Air dodge is your best friend against thunder-spammers. If he whiffs a grounded thunder, reflector is a good punish.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Thanks guys, but it still doesnt help me with his D-smash which is just crazy =[...

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys, but it still doesnt help me with his D-smash which is just crazy =[...
Roll away? Spotdodge is too short and you don't want your shield obliterated, and since he's in the middle of a downsmash he can't really punish your roll.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I don't know but maybe its because of the lag online I tried to roll away and even started the roll animation but still got hit =/

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
For about a day or so I had a lot of trouble with pikachu. Its dsmash, really. All you have to do is remember the amount of hits it yields. If pikachu comes near you and is about to do a dsmash, shield the entirety of the hit (it will not break a full shield) which is around 5 hits I think, and then shield grab into whatever. Pikachu's dsmash is one of the most broken smashes in the game; rolling away will not work because there is a good chance its dsmash will catch the vulnerability frame as you roll, then you are screwed. Just shielding the entire hit is your best bet. A good tactic is purposely jumping high over pikachu do the only thing they can do is thunder, then reflect. If you do it enough times, the pikachu will be afraid to thunder; so you can jump high in, like you're going to reflect, but then fall onto it with a dair or bair. Also, remember: spiking is your friend, especially on a pikachu.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
shine him, it reflects his crap back to him
That's MY LINE!

But yeah, it reflects stuff back at him, and if you notice pikachu couching down to start the standard b, shine it up close for the reflected electricity to hit as well as your shine.

Shine usefulness +1

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Unless you're already doing this, try distancing yourself from him. Lasers are a lot better long range than sparks are.

Beowulf Lee

Smash Rookie
If he can catch you in his D-Smash, then you're spending too much time close to him. Use more hit and run tactics. If he catches up to you, spam your AAA until he DI's away, and then you roll or shine him.

Top Bottom