• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Peach

ChrisRoxal

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChrisRoxal
Ok so I really just dont know this match up, I constantly hear that peach as much as I hear that falco has the advantage, for how good I play this match up I do think peach has the edge (really dont know how to play it at all) so can anyone give me some advice ? how can I properly approach peach ? how can I properly combo her with out getting hit by her nair ? how should I play my neutral game ? how to deal with her float once she is using it to avoid laser ? how can I edge guard her ? and finally what stages are good for this match up and how can I deal with her on those stages ?

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Peach is falco's only bad match-up (debatable). It's 55-45 in her favour, so it's not that hard to overcome.

Neutral game: LAZERS!!
You wanna shut her in with her lasers and stop her from floating. If she try to float, laser her so that she has to land and follow up with an approach. Full hop lasers and isaiah drop lasers shouldn't be underestimated in this match-up.

Punish game: there aren't many big combos on peach, however she's weak below and your utilt outprioritizes her dair. After a shine go for a dair and then tech chase, it usually works for me. Finishers are shine to dj uair (super good) and if you're quick, shine to instant Bair.

Defensive game: DON'T crouch cancel!!
If she floats and approach with an aerial wait for the followup attack before acting, though there's a chance that you will be grabbed then. It's possible that you can sneak in a dair oos and thus avoid getting grabbed or dsmashed.

Edgeguarding: if she parasols on stage Bair her, if she grabs ledge wait one roll distance away from ledge and turn your back on her. If she jumps - Bair, if she rolls - shine and if she gets up/attacks - ftilt/grab/smash. She can't do much from ledge.

Platform camping makes the match-up much easier, you just stay on the top platform so that peach can't reach you. However it's boring, try to think of the top platform as a safe zone where you can go if your uncomfortable.

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Also yoshi's makes it easier to kill vertically, bf is the best place for for platform camping and pokemon stadium is ofc falco's stadium. In dreamland peach is immortal.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
One of the unique advantages of lasers in this matchup is that it forces her to float at a height where if she float cancels an aerial on shield, it will be unsafe and you'll be able to punish. Don't get impatient when she floats, just wait for her to come down and try to position yourself for a laser > follow up when that happens (grab/ftilt/dtilt/jab are safest).

When you connect with a shine > dair, often times it's safer and better to use utilt instead of another shine. She may be able to airdodge or float out before the utilt, but if you position yourself correctly, she won't be able to force a trade with any of her aerials except dair.

Dashdancing is very effective against Peach in neutral. The only check she has to it is dash attack, which gives her a substantial momentum boost but is easily punishable on whiff or on shield. If you can learn to deal with DA, the neutral game should be much easier for you.

When she's at high percent, laser > jab > fsmash/bair or laser > d tilt should be your go-to kill setups. Jab and d tilt are safe on shield if you space well.

Use lasers and grabs to get her out of CC percent. SH early dair can get CC'd and dsmashed at 0%, don't rely on that until you have a little damage on her.

If she uses float to edgeguard, often times it will be possible to jump over her and up b/side b. Go to the top platform when recovering whenever possible. Her Dsmash at the ledge should never work, it is techable pretty much 100% of the time. Dair is the usual option but if you consistently SDI it, eventually you'll either trade with up b or get the perfect sweetspot.

ChrisRoxal

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChrisRoxal
Thanks for the advice, really starting to have a better understanding of the match up, ok a situation I find my self with and I wonder if its punishible, sometimes peach will approach with float throw a turnip and fall with a solid aerial, I mostly block or just get out of there, but can I punish her for doing that ?

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
That's a pretty hard approach to punish, which is why most Peaches love turnips. The simplest answer is, try not to let her set up that option. Try to keep yourself in position to punish turnip pull so she won't be able to approach that way as often. Even if the only thing you can do when she pulls a turnip is laser, you'll still pin her to the ground (thus preventing her from floating) and put her at a disadvantage.

ChrisRoxal

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChrisRoxal
ok so these past few weeks I have been playing more peach players, I have noticed how good a great laser game is against peach, I have developed a feeling to figth her on big stages that give me space to work with (this migth a me thing since I litterally take her to dream land depending the situation) but Pokemon Stadium IMO is probably the best stage against peach, lots of room to run and gun, small ceiling calling for early double shine kills, Yoshi is also good but sometimes we just want to retreat and catch our breath and for that same reason I prefer stadium, battle field is super decent for what I have seen, if you feel like you need breathing room just full jump to the top platform and from there take your time on how you can come down on peach.

Seriously though I feel that having a great laser game is the only way to make this match up feel good for falco, also cant forget them grabs, up throwing peach seems like a great idea (dont see her having much options in that situation)

SSS

Smash Ace
Hang out under a platform and laser. If she's on the ground it keeps her grounded and unable to pull a turnip. Only way for her to approach is to float above lasers, but then she can't come down on you because the platform is there.

Camping top platform is very good because it takes Peach's double jump 9 years to get her up there. If you see her coming up you can short hop dair or just move to another platform.

Don't challenge her float. This is the most important thing. If she's floating don't try to jump in and hit her out of it, you will lose. She has to come out of her float eventually. If she's floating, dash away, then when she drops down, laser her and grab her. Uthrow always leads to something.

Don't nair her, because you'll get crouch-canceled. Dair combos well. The best way to combo her is to like, dair, then instant double jump, to fast fall dair.

With edgeguarding, use lasers and threaten with bair to force her to go low, then try to grab edge. A lot of the time though you have to respect her and let her grab edge. Luckily Peach has bad options when on the ledge. Just space yourself on center stage so you don't get get-up dsmashed, and laser.

Laser jab is good for opening up for a kill. You can laser jab, and if you jab her shield, dash away. If you laser jab and it hits, you can bair or sometimes fsmash for the kill. Just be careful not to do it at low percents or your jab will be crouch cancelled.

Falco/Peach isn't too bad. Not as bad as Falco/Samus.

Top Bottom