• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Luigi?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Personally, I like this matchup. Partly because I play Luigi and I know how to beat him. I also like this matchup when I'm Luigi cuz they dunno what to do :p

Anyways, Luigi is floaty and slidy. One of my favorite Falco moves is his Fsmash. My bro used Luigi vs my Falco for some reason and I felt Falco is a good matchup to fight Luigi with. Eventually, I took advantage of the fact that he can't sheild grab my Fsmash. I notice that when I SHL spam him, he sheilds. If he jumps or grabs for some reason (he can't reach) he'll get hit by a laser and stay grounded. I approach and use an Fsmash instead of grab/dair/nair. He either gets hit or pushed back. You either hit or its a draw. While he's still sheikding, you can continue the SHL spam. You might try Fsmash again or take of advantage of the fact that he is sheilding and grab. Or just do whatever you would usually do. Some of Falco's usually combos work well on him as well. Pillars and okay. But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with Fsmash.

Just a side note, Fsmash is awesome. Sometimes vs Marth I Fsmash spam around the stage or Fsmash camp. Usually it works. I got close vs CK's Marth a while back with that. I used Fsmash spam on Yoshi's Island on my last stock and got 1 stocked. That was when my Falco was still sorta baddish.

Any comments/questions about vs Luigi?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Well, I mean that Fsmash won't allways work. It's easily shieldgrabbed and I only use it when I got my opponent in a combo.

I know about the SHL. I play as peach against my little brother (falco) and he allways spams me, and since I'm not that good a powershielder i will need to jump to him and he'll be in the advantage. It's terribly annoying.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
That is exactly why you should use it vs Luigi. He can't sheildgrab it. He is so slidy that he gets pushed back. If you mean vs Marth, I know you can get sheildgrabbed. The technique I explained is mostly for mindgames.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps you can sidestep dodge? =)

I didn't think of the range+slideness, I just expected it to be possible. You're quite right.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
can luigi wd out of shield to grab in the lag, or does the shield stun and time it takes to WD to falco too long for him to punish?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I think that Luigi gets stunned from the lag too much and Falco could dodge the WD grab in time. I'm not sure if I have done it before, but I have tried it. I haven't landed one that I can remember rigth now, but I think Falco can dodge it fast enough. Fsmash is pretty quick. Through the stun lag time and the time Luigi slides and and the time to WD forward Falco should be able to recover.

Top Bottom