• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco shield pressure

Thirstybox

Smash Rookie
i have trouble when falco is pillaring my shield.
i see armada nair out of it a lot but most of the time i end up getting daired or something so i roll out a lot. is it possible to nair out of a falco pillar? and is it always a wise decision?

Sim

Smash Apprentice
> is it possible to nair out of a falco pillar?

> i see armada nair out of it a lot

Practice your timing.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
We had a discussion about this a while ago. I can nair oos from falco's pressure, but have more trouble when they pressure tighter. He can probably frame trap peach seeing as nair oos hits on frame 9 and he can pressure a lot faster than that but w/e
it's definitely possible. If you can't get it down, do up-b oos in the meantime. It's not the best option but it will get the job done most of the time.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Uhh, it's something you hafta get a feel for
I usually do it after the dair but most people say do it after the shine, it's probably a better idea

It depends on how the falco pressures. Some falcos dair quickly after the shine, others wait til the peak of the SH to dair, and then FF to shine.

Nair after dair the first kind, nair after shine the second kind.

I've never seen a falco mix them, since it doesnt have any sort of rhythm to it.

Or you could just light shield like a boss.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
We had a discussion about this a while ago. I can nair oos from falco's pressure, but have more trouble when they pressure tighter. He can probably frame trap peach seeing as nair oos hits on frame 9 and he can pressure a lot faster than that but w/e
it's definitely possible. If you can't get it down, do up-b oos in the meantime. It's not the best option but it will get the job done most of the time.
Falco's pressure isn't as tight as you make it sound

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271114

the gist of it is that Falco can time his dair early or late. If you predict that he'll do a delayed dair after his shine, you can nair oos between the shine and the dair. Early aerial will beat this, but early aerials can be shieldgrabbed.

A couple of things that complicate this are Falco's early aerial -> fadeaway, which beats the shieldgrab on reaction to early aerial, and shinegrab, which should beat a nair oos attempt after a late dair. Of course there are a bunch of other options for both sides.

Long story short though, you can nair oos vs falco's pillaring, if you predict what he's going to do.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It should be frame 8. Airborne on the 6th frame + nair comes out on the 3rd frame

That's only if done perfectly so take it with a grain of salt, but you have some room for error vs falco, plus it's unlikely that they'll do their shield pressure frame perfectly also.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I find shield tilting helpful when escaping shield pressure, throwing off falco's l cancel is pretty helpful for nair oos

iirc it hits soonest on frame 8, which is lame because shieldgrab is active on frame 7, but nair oos is just much better when it comes to reversing momentum and stopping power.

anyone know when fc nair oos can first hit?

Top Bottom