• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco/Peach matchup advice?

BetaW0lf

Smash Rookie
This is one matchup that I've never encountered before while playing my brother, so I want to be prepared when I meet a Peach in my first tournament. I've seen some armada/westballz matches, but those just seems like falco gets stomped.

Jim_P

Smash Rookie
DON'T cc or you'll eat her dsmash!
don't jump from beneath her if she's on a platform (she's gonna dsmash 90%, so be ready to punish).
She's gonna float just above your shl, so learn variations on laser heights or stuff/trade with ac bairs.
Shine of the top works on BF and YS directly from 1 combo under the top platform with dair->shine->dair->shine->shine.
laser->dtilt is a good KO option.
dair->dair->dair.... combo if she keeps missing techs. Instead of shine use utilts to combo.
Recovering is hard, so try to mix it up and try shinestalls to evade turnips.
uthrow->fair/uair works pretty well.
Strike FD, she can chaingrab you.

Thats all i got, good luck!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Back Air stuffs pretty much every approach.

Beware of Nair OOS (do late dair shines, shine grab, or laser to grab)

Don't be shy to reflect turnups.

You can honestly just lame out Peach with Bairs, tilts, and lasers.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's hard since Peach is one of the few characters that doesn't have much of an issue breaking up shine pressure. Late Dairs to Shine is nice, she won't be able to Nair in between the pillar, but she can still Nair you OOS after the shine unless you doubleshine (I believe it even beats Shine Grab).

You can still kinda go ham, just have to be really careful with your aerials (when you do them and when you time them on her shield/crouch cancel). There's nifty openings when you can catch her trying to move in between lasers. Even though floating is considered pretty good vs lasers, she's still very limited in her movement and doesn't move that fast at all. Get used to varying laser heights, jumping in and doing an aerial shine into a platform waveland when she's trying to float, and beating her moves with reverse uptilts (lasers force her to approach so you can just bait her into these).

Last edited:

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
NJzFinest NJzFinest

Do you have 20xx? You can set the Peach to do NAir OoS on the first frame possible, and aerial l-cancel shine is still very much a possibility. She also can't NAir out of shinegrab and double shine... If you're getting NAired out of your pressure, you messed up somewhere.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
TeeJay308 TeeJay308 Do you mean that a normal SHFFL'd aerial into shine is safe on shield vs Peach? Like not needing to do a late Dair/Nair?

I just checked and noticed Peach's Nair OOS is slower than Sheiks, I always thought it was the same frame data.
Reference
However I'm not sure if I trust this info, it honestly doesn't feel like it's a slow as 8 frames... that means she can basically never Nair decent shine pressure. I see Armada being fast enough to even low FC Fair during shine pressure.

I did say doubleshine beats Nair OOS.

Last edited:

MrYaah

Smash Rookie
Shiek has a 2 frame shorter jump squat animation than Peach does but they both have the same nair timing so the 6 vs. 8 lines up with the math.

Also wtf G&W has a 2 frame up b out of shield? That's crazy.

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
NJzFinest NJzFinest

Well, I mean the variant that's also safe against shieldgrabs. High aerials will always be punishable, but a medium height NAir and slightly late DAir l-cancelled into shine will work against NAir OoS. You don't have to do your aerials particularly late to beat out the NAir OoS is what I mean. Sheik's NAir OoS is a little harder to be safe against, though, but she still can't NAir in between the shine and the grab or inbetween doubleshines if you do them right.

Last edited:

flatland

Smash Rookie
laser, laser, laser, laser. Seriously, this works so well. Also, it's been mentioned ITT, but if you CC you will eat a dsmash. I always like to CC dtilt-dair but peaches will almost always kick my face for it.

Dont let peach pull turnips. Stay on her, dont let her breathe. your shine works so well against floaties.

Kill with either dair or kill off the top. On the top platform of battlefield, you can shine-upB. This may seem unorthodox, but it works against floaties

Dont get grabbed. Peach has guaranteed followups off her upthrow on you. You will get naired, dash attacked, and regrabbed several times.

Also, did i mention that you should laser the hell out of her?

Top Bottom