• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco matchup

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
I suck at fighting Falco. Especially as a different space animal. I have the tech skillz I just need help learning how to deal with the neutral game vs. Falco.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
This match up is pretty hard for me too it usually turns into who can shine/laser first so they can combo. I have the least experience with other spacies. All of our pressures are really intense and almost leaves no room for error.

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
I've always approached this matchup by throwing out as many lasers as possible and wavelanding forward and backwards, but never really going in until I know it's a guaranteed or not easily punishable combo. I find myself CC'ing --> DSmash a lot in this matchup though, don't know why.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
We were planning on going over match-ups in the Wolf Skype Group, but I can give you some info at the moment. This matchup is incredibly volatile - you want to make sure you can combo Falco extremely well, because if he can to you, you're gonna have a bad time. Along with this, you need to make sure your combo DI is on point, otherwise Falco won't even have to try when he combos you. I believe the main advantage you have in this match-up is Falco will have a harder time to recover than yourself. If possible at low percents, get some quick wave-shine juggles into D-smash or F-smash; basically get him off-stage and keep him there. Falco probably has better neutral with this lasers, if you're smarter however; you can use shines OOS to throw him off and punish him when he's overzealous with lasers.

Top Bottom