• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup Help

IcefireD

Smash Rookie
Everytime I fight a Falco I get bodied by their double laser shine approach nonsense. I can shield the lasers (which depletes the shield) and they will go for the shine or d-air. I cant grab either one because if they shine they just waveshine behind me and if they d-air they do an immediate shine. I try just running away but the lasers just catch me anywhere I am and destroy me. Help

P.S. I'm salty and kind of a noob

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
If you are suck in shield, and you expect them to do an additional shine/aerial, I think it's best to buffer a roll out of there. Practice powershields and chaingrabs. The way to beat a Falco is to make them respect your range, and don't get caught up in lasers. You can jab them out of some laser apporaches when you expect them to come in with an aerial.

Lasers are not a gamebreaker, since you have a lot of options, like going to platforms.Not only can you dash in between them, but wd OoS is a super powerful option here, if you can do it in between lasers. Just know that taking lasers in the face and moving is not a bad thing at all, as long as you don't let yourself become a sitting duck.

Personally, I'm starting to think that dashing in between lasers can be made into a better option with some development. I've probably gotta play the matchup more, but if you at least practice this, you can start controlling the pace a little more.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Well maybe you're getting bodied because you believe that Falco can double laser

Also:
:GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB: :GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB: :GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB: :GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB: :GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB::GCD::GCB:

Last edited:

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
Power shield lasers and you'll make your friend cry. That or try dash-dancing in platforms, wavedashing OoS, buffer-rolling or in general just going balls in aggressive so they dont have time to run away and laser

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Hey, just a side note. I'd forgotten I changed my signature lol. I really do like Falco but am still a Marth main. My advice was legit.

Top Bottom