• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco ledgedash tip: don't fastfall from ledge

TheChocolateLava

Smash Cadet
Hey falco mains! I've been doing some research on ledgedashing. I've collected some data similar to what remix did for fox in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ysh9FWImc

I've come to a conclusion from this data that I want to share with falco mains, and it is: It's very important not to fastfall after dropping from ledge if you want an optimal wavedash as falco. I have the data in a messy google sheets file but let me know if you want to look at it.

If you scroll to CliffWait in this album http://imgur.com/a/2na5b you can see where to move your stick to drop from the ledge without fastfalling. I'm not sure how difficult implementing this will be, but it will make ledgedashing more consistent, giving you 2 frame windows on jumping out of fall and airdodging out of jump that guarantee you 10+ frames of invulnerability if properly executed.

Let me know if you want an explanation or a look at the data. But again, the conclusion is this: don't fastfall from ledge when you're trying to ledgedash as falco.

----

from what I can tell, in remix's first video his data is from dropping from the ledge and fastfalling, so imo fox players trying to wavedash optimally don't need to worry about this. Feel free to drop from ledge as fast as you want *you privileged assholes.*

----

this is a repost of a comment I made in the daily discussion thread on /r/ssbm

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
if the fastfall from the ledge and the non fastfall from the ledge are both done perfectly, which gives more invincibility (basically which one is better if we aren't factoring consistency in accuracy)

Top Bottom