• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Help

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Whats up guys! Just wanted to ask for some help.

If a Falco is standing and just uptilting in place what should I do in that situation? A defensive falco that keeps stuffing me with the AC Bair. I was also on the ledge regrabbing to regain invincibility, but the player I was playing just came up quick and grabbed the edge and I was forced to up B. How do I prevent this? Was I too slow to react ?

Maza Nomains

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys! Just wanted to ask for some help.

If a Falco is standing and just uptilting in place what should I do in that situation? A defensive falco that keeps stuffing me with the AC Bair. I was also on the ledge regrabbing to regain invincibility, but the player I was playing just came up quick and grabbed the edge and I was forced to up B. How do I prevent this? Was I too slow to react ?
Well if they're just standing there up tilting you can out prioritize it with knee, or try catching them off guard by running up and shield grabbing the utilt/bair. Of course bair-shine beats this and puts you in a pretty bad spot. The thing is Falcon is fast enough to get in there between utilts and punish, so just get the timing right. Once you beat it once and 0-death them off it, they'll probably stop. Defensive Falcos generally just want you to get frustrated and play badly, keep your cool and show them you can beat it and they'll switch to a less annoying playstyle. Hopefully. As for ledge stalling, I wouldn't recommend it ever against Falco, as all it takes for them to take your stock from there is you barelyyyy messing up the timing and getting Dair'd. Getting edgehogged and having to upB is also probably death. If you're on the ledge against Falco, just try to get out of there asap. It's a really rough matchup in general, just focus on your punish game. You won't get many opportunities against a Falco, so make sure every time you do open them up you're able to convert big time.

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Well if they're just standing there up tilting you can out prioritize it with knee, or try catching them off guard by running up and shield grabbing the utilt/bair. Of course bair-shine beats this and puts you in a pretty bad spot. The thing is Falcon is fast enough to get in there between utilts and punish, so just get the timing right. Once you beat it once and 0-death them off it, they'll probably stop. Defensive Falcos generally just want you to get frustrated and play badly, keep your cool and show them you can beat it and they'll switch to a less annoying playstyle. Hopefully. As for ledge stalling, I wouldn't recommend it ever against Falco, as all it takes for them to take your stock from there is you barelyyyy messing up the timing and getting Dair'd. Getting edgehogged and having to upB is also probably death. If you're on the ledge against Falco, just try to get out of there asap. It's a really rough matchup in general, just focus on your punish game. You won't get many opportunities against a Falco, so make sure every time you do open them up you're able to convert big time.
Thanks so much that cleared things up a lot!

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
That was perfect. Also, you add Dash-Dancing to that too.

If it's crisp you can do that and punish him too.

Doing that incorporates some offensive control over a defensive falco, and you could potentially not even worry about getting frustrated if the falco can't put you where he wants you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom