• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Grabs

Bounce N Back

Smash Rookie
So I have been struggling to pull off multishines with Falco and have also been running out of time to practice since college...Anyway I digress. Because of this I was messing around with JC grab out of shine to punishes people that shield my dair approach and It's so much easier for me to do. Been very consistent with it, but I really don't know how to follow up with any of his grabs afterwards. I'm sure it's relative on the character and percents, But I really couldn't find any useful information for this through some of the bigger threads on here. If someone could tell me how to follow up, either on floaties vs fast fallers, or if you really wanna be a pal and tell me optimal grabs + follow ups for the top 8 characters, I'd greatly appreciate it!

(PS I also was wondering how many pummels you can get with a character on another character. Not even necessarily just falco, but any character that has grabbed another character. I know it's relative to percents, but I was just wondering if there are records anywhere stating how many pummels will always be safe at any given percent. If someone could drop a link for that, that'd be cool too.)

:]

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Up throw-followups on fastfallers and midweights: Dair, Bair or shine waveland on platform.
Up throw-followups on floaties: Uair(jump immediately) or Bair.

Fthrow to edgeguard near ledge or just a mixup.

Bthrow can pseudo-chaingrab fastfallers. It can also be good near the ledge followed up with a ftilt or just edgeguarding.

Dthrow can pseudo-chaingrab fastfallers in NTSC. It can also lead to interesting tech chases and if they don't tech you get a free attack.

Pseudo-chaingrabs rely on poor DI.

Up throw is the best though mixups is always nice.

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Soft reverse Bair is a great combo move, but if you can't land it then of course Nair works aswell.

SomethingRaven

Smash Cadet
U-throw to bair is almost always my go to. I'll try a F-throw of B-throw but unless it throws them off the stage I can't really follow up.
Dthrow can be chained on some fastfallers like fox. The re grab will be almost instantaneous however if the fox sees it coming a shine can free him from the chain grab easy. It's a trick that will only work for so many foxs.

AirFair

Marth tho
What about Bthrow? I saw PP do it before. Is it only good for techchase setups besides a throw off the stage?

Top Bottom