• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco getting Creamed + matches so help me.

Skler

Smash Master
That was pretty awesome. Anyways, the only thing I would suggest is maybe more downthrows for chain throwing if your comfortable with it (although you had some nice upthrow combos) and DI those shines away from fox, he shined you pretty good a few times that with DI you could have escaped. Great playing!

SLH

Smash Journeyman
Very nice matches, but BlueMycon didn't seem to be able to keep up with his Falco. His fox was much, better, though.

I liked the dtilt edgeguard you did in the first match. Nice to know somebody else does those.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Deka~Fox said:
Very cool matches. I loved that Shine combo fox had, I still feel bad for Falco tho
bluemycon is very good with the whole waveshine thing but has trouble landing a shine for a spike.

hit0

Smash Journeyman
I think that Link needs to be faster at times, needs to tech off the floors and needs to wavedash and l-cancel more...other than that u have a very clean fighting style...i like the way u use A+A+A combo to prioritize the game, nice shielding aswell, we can tell u read ur opponents well.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
hit0 said:
I think that Link needs to be faster at times, needs to tech off the floors and needs to wavedash and l-cancel more...other than that u have a very clean fighting style...i like the way u use A+A+A combo to prioritize the game, nice shielding aswell, we can tell u read ur opponents well.
I won with no L-cancellation, **** i must be hella good. lol. true dat about the teching ****.

hit0

Smash Journeyman
ya, but that falco wasn't very good in my opinion...although, mindgame is what gets the win against falco.

diekicks

Smash Rookie
Holy crap dude, that Falco didn't know what to do most of the matches. He was just throwing out moves hoping to hit something. Nice Link though. Play with better people and get better from that. Try to DI better too. Fast reflexes to smash that opposite corner when getting hit does wonders on your longevity.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
diekicks said:
Holy crap dude, that Falco didn't know what to do most of the matches. He was just throwing out moves hoping to hit something. Nice Link though. Play with better people and get better from that. Try to DI better too. Fast reflexes to smash that opposite corner when getting hit does wonders on your longevity.
***** I live in Colorado.

nah just kidding, Bluemycon was just ****ed up from lack of smash. I played him today and he got his skill back so expect to see a better fox and falco, i'll probably throw in some other of his characters.. Oh and i'll put in some vs some other guy's cuz i have more trouble with him though i was messing up a bit which is enough to screw Link over. (Johns).

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wow i suck at smash....yea yr link is wayyy better than mine so i can't really help you too much....i really need to use nair wayy more than i do cuz i see that it *****...

how long have you been maining w/ link and do you have any seconds!?

Erg

Smash Cadet
MASAHIROx said:
wow i suck at smash....yea yr link is wayyy better than mine so i can't really help you too much....i really need to use nair wayy more than i do cuz i see that it *****...

how long have you been maining w/ link and do you have any seconds!?

This is LoVo on his bro's account.

It'll be a year next month since i learned about L-cancelling. Fox would probably be my second best, but i go all Link in "real" tournaments. *My fox is a 99 cent fox that you can get at the dollar store*

Validbadbadman

Smash Cadet
Your Link pretty good

I looked down in the first match to read two short comments and looked back up at the match and the Falco had already lost 2 stocks lol :laugh:

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
very clean fighting style; nothing flashy, just gets the job done. reminds me of aniki, at some points.

As for advice, I'd suggest try working on your responsiveness. There was a bunch of time that you just stood there, shielding, while Falco was trying to figure out what to do. Most Falcos i know would instinctively know what to do (e.g. grab combo).

Your only weakness, i'd say, is your slowness...which can also be a good thing. It turns the pace of the fight in your favor. However, there will come a time when you'll be faced with a smasher who plays fast AND knows what he/she is doing. Don't expect to shield everything and counter attack then; you won't be able to keep up.

Still though, I like a lot of the stuff you were doing (nair ftw!!!!), and your ability to use the right moves, especially off the ledge, was amazing. Keep it up!

NovA™

Smash Apprentice
Man mad amazing Link El Lovo, I have mostly the same LINK playstyle, except for the fact you do use ur arrow a bit : ) gota try that, I like in the last match when you tried to edgehog quickly by throwing the arrow. Overall Nice Link but I think the fox and falco player needs to upsmash more with fox, and probably SHL more with falco. Really nice learned a few tricks, keep it up and its nice to see another person who mains link do that good : ) ! (ANIKI, GERM, TREVYN, AZEN, RICKY ... LOVO ! )

Top Bottom