• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Deconfirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Falco was my favorite character is SSBM, so don't think I'm just a hater.
Now, Sakurai has been known to hint at things through the updates, I think this is another of them.
Look at this update where it shows him.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various23.html

Now, the first thing you notice is Falco's picture. Which has the "X" thru it. Possible hint? and then you see his text which reads "Oh man! I'm gonna have to back off" even more decon. proof?

Now keep in mind this is speculation but here are my thoughts

- Sakurai Hints in Updates a low
- "X" Thru picture
- His text
- Why choose THAT EXACT screen of all of the screens from that game?
- Just my observation, that's why I put a "?" in the titel

anyone else agree? disagree?
whatever your position, discuss.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It's hard to tell if it's a hint for Falco being included, against Falco being included or if it means anything at all.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Well there's a pic of Ridley and Ness as well. Are they deconfirmed? No. And that screen is different on the Japan DOJO!!!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No it doesn't mean he's not in the game stupid.

Notice how that screenshot isn't on the Japanese page, twit. >_>

Gah, why are people so stupid to try to make something out of nothing?

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Well, if youve played Star Fox 64 you would know that this is one of the most important scenes of the first course, bcuz if you don't rescue falco in time, you'll not be able to pass though the waterfall nor get a very high score, and it'll probably mess your game.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
It has nothing to do with any characters... It's just a random screen of Star Fox 64.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i completely agree with greenkirby. people trying to make something out of nothing. this is really just stupid, stop speculating and try waiting 5 days without making a thread about the most obscure details possible that really have no connection as to "deconfirming" characters

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...A snapshot from an old game does NOT say a thing.

Seriously, Sakurai actually included Ness to the Brawl roster even with the UP UNTIL NOW statement, there's no reason that this snapshot should say anything.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Didja know that Young Link's shield is made of Wood, and Master Hand sometimes looks like a puppetier.

This actually CONFIRMS that Geno is playable in Melee.

Stryks

Smash Hero
It's hard to tell if it's a hint for Falco being included, against Falco being included or if it means anything at all.
What she said...

we dont know, it could mean nothing, or it could be a hint, thus it would be hinting ridley too, which is win win...

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Umm... a little bit farfetch'd, I'd say. Wait for a couple of days and we all know if Falco made it in or not.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of whether or not the pictures "mean" anything, I do think it's pretty funny that, between the U.S. and Japanese sites, Ness, Marth, Ridley, and Falco are all in pictures. I mean, wouldn't it have been easy enough to feature pictures with just characters that have already been announced for Brawl? Funny to me at least....

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
You know, there's the possibility that the demo simply covers only that first level, and that Sakurai took that shot to put as many characters that are in the game in that shot at once.

Sakurai likes to mess with us
Not even...people here just overanalyze the crap out of anything. : |

Shuma

Smash Hero
And that's why Sakurai posts crap like that, 'cause he knows Smash Fans are paranoid, crazy and ugly.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Oh, the lengths people will go to find something that deconfirms/confirms something.

The Japanese Dojo doesn't even have the same screenshot.

pwnuwithpichu

Smash Rookie
If there really is 44 characters, which might be just a rumor, I doubt they would leave Fox the only character from Star Fox. And if Fox isn't the only other character, Falco would be first in line, I think.

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
Falco was my favorite character is SSBM, so don't think I'm just a hater.
Now, Sakurai has been known to hint at things through the updates, I think this is another of them.
Look at this update where it shows him.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various23.html

Now, the first thing you notice is Falco's picture. Which has the "X" thru it. Possible hint? and then you see his text which reads "Oh man! I'm gonna have to back off" even more decon. proof?

Now keep in mind this is speculation but here are my thoughts

- Sakurai Hints in Updates a low
- "X" Thru picture
- His text
- Why choose THAT EXACT screen of all of the screens from that game?
- Just my observation, that's why I put a "?" in the titel

anyone else agree? disagree?
whatever your position, discuss.
if anything it seems like whoever does da updates emphasizes falco so if anything dis may be hope for anyone who wants falco 2 return. like u said y would they pick dis screenshot, i think they are hinting towards him

Soviet

Smash Cadet
No it doesn't mean he's not in the game stupid.

Notice how that screenshot isn't on the Japanese page, twit. >_>

Gah, why are people so stupid to try to make something out of nothing?
Why do you care so much about it you pathetic nerd?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Yeesh... *watches the mob of flames tear apart their most recent victim.*

Anyhoo, I like how Sakurai not only says the demos allow people to experience past battles that star characters have been in...but then he shows a picture of Samus vs. Ridley!

(Somebody - BIG WHOOP-DE-DOO!!)

<.<

And then he also has a picture of Super Metroid's file screen, and both files point to BOTH vs. Ridley battles in the game.

(Somebody - Once again...BIG FREAKIN' WHOOP-DE-DOO!!)

>___>

I'm not saying it proves anything. It's just a cool coincidence....at the least. Could be Sakurai's mindgames for sure.

...But who said his mindgames can't work the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom