• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Critique New Vids*

Dread101

Smash Journeyman

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Based only on the fox one. Id say you have pretty okay mindgames, but you need to get faster. You both had a really "twitchy" sort of style. Kinda like a kung-fu film where its like move>move>move without any real flow. You arent really the combo type. I think you should work on being more fluent, but that may just be your style. Also about 50% of your attacks didnt even hit your opponent. You made some bad decisions about what moves to use in some situations.

Overall just work on your tech skill.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
i agree with using bad moves sometimes, but your tech skill is good in my book with a few mistakes here and there. really clean wavedashes. your style seems to me like a mini pc-chris where you mindgame to get the advantage instead of relying on combos.

MilfredCubicleX

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone give me a few timestamps in any of the videos where mindgames are apparent? I'm having trouble finding examples.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
^well in these videos its really hard to see apparent mindgames because his entire style is basically the effect of not knowing or being able to accurately predict what he is going to do. He follows no set pattern, which is why he doesnt combo well, but also allows him to fake out his opponent alot. But They play with eachother alot Im guessing (BOB1/BOB2) so his opponent seems used to it.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
Thx really appericate the advice ill try my best to work on the stuff u guys suggested. Lol yah id really like to be more fluent its one of the things i think i need to work on most nothing really seems to go together so thx for pointing that out

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
You seemed to have few problems fighting on ys. You looked a lot better (tech skill and mindgames) on fd and ps. On ys it seemed like you rushed forward at times you should've bought yourself a little space or let the fox come to you. And you didn't use the platforms to your advantage in comboing or mindgames. Just practice on the smaller stages more.

You seemed to overuse fsmash and dash attack just slightly. I liked your use of em sometimes (you tech/roll chased peach well with dash attack, and jab to fsmash is an fine finisher at high % as you know), but you sometimes got a little excessive with it -- especially pausing in front of your wait opp and then coming in with fsmash or dash attack.

You also need to learn when to use uair in combos. It's useful against almost every character at times but especially against fastfallers to continue combos that you'd otherwise lose. In the second video (fd), at 0:47 -- that's a textbook example of where you want to use a uair to continue the combo.

Otherwise very nice.

Edg

Smash Cadet
You had a pretty solid game going. I think you definately had alot going with some of the shine-> ariel combos. Just a few things i noticed..

-Lack of edgeguarding... You should really try to play off of the edge a little bit more. Practice bairing fox out of firebird from the platform, and practice double jumping out of an edgehog to bair.
1:30 vrs fox fd

-Watch the momentum on your SHFFL'd/SH'd nairs. I noticed some of them you would go a little too fair so if he shielded you wouldnt be able to continue. Try to stay close to him with your nairs, optimally you want to land slightly behind him and follow with a shine or utilt. Learn to distinguish when you should fastfall them and when to let it slide behind him.1:05 vrs peach ps

-I guess this is more of a style thing... but i really think you should impliment more SHFFL'd dairs in your game. You shine combo very well i think you could chain together combos a little better if you did shine to dair as opposed to nair or bair.

-Another style comment, you do your SHL approach very well into a waveshine combo or whatever, but i think you should try a SHL approach straight into a grab to stop your opponent from shielding it.

-Also as the above poster said... careful with your fsmashes and dash attacks, they get shield grabbed pretty easily.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
Yah ive really been struggling with my approach lately espically with good players im just not sure how to come at them

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
you got gooder! lol

maybe you need a better opponent for us to give you advice. cuz you're just dominating the fox.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
you got the basics down you gotta play a lot faster bro...it was hurting me seeing the spped that you play at and also watching as you missed so many opportunities to hit or kill fox...work on spotting the many opportunities that that fox gives you....peace

-hiroshi

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
you got the basics down you gotta play a lot faster bro...it was hurting me seeing the spped that you play at and also watching as you missed so many opportunities to hit or kill fox...work on spotting the many opportunities that that fox gives you....peace

-hiroshi
By missing opportunites can u show me which ones i missed? Or how i could have done things differently

Top Bottom