• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Combo help

Leo Carrasco

Smash Rookie
I have been playing melee for a while and I am a Marth main but lately I've been getting into falco, since I only play marth i am extremely confused on all his combos. When I shine i have to wait a while for the animation to stop and when I watch mango on youtube his shine is very sudden and quick, I tried L-canceling but I couldn't figure it out. I really want to learn falcos pillar combo as well. If someone can give me the moves for it in order, I think its a shine, jump, dair, and repeat but I'm not quite sure. If someone could explain these to things it would be awesome.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
You need to jump out of your shine (it's actually kind of slow for Falco, don't hammer the jump button as fast as possible). The typical ways out are shine->jump->grab (jump cancelled grab out of shine), double shine (jump->shine again), and shine->wavedash (called a waveshine). Then you've got shine->jump->waveland onto platform etc.

children's_novel

Smash Rookie
When you see Falcos on stream make those quick shines, he is actually jump-cancelling. This is done by simply jumping out of your shine once you do it. This is essential for waveshining (wavedashing out of a shine) and other techniques.

A pillar combo is shine>jump>Dair. Rinse and repeat as many times necessary.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You're not shuffling correctly, you have to jump, do the aerial attack (nair or dair) then as soon as you hit them press down on the control stick to fast fall (this is the part that makes it look faster) and then press L or R to l-cancel then shine.

The proccess varies depending on which type of character you're trying to pillar, if it's a floatie or a fast faller.

If you want to learn falco I highly recommend you to check out my tutorial videos. Just click the link on my signature.

Top Bottom