• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco chain kick

underpowered

Smash Cadet
Hi,

I'm horrible at this game, I can't wavedash very well and I've not gotten the hang of L-canceling.

I don't really have any smashers to play against, I usually play my brothers when I'm in town visiting family, but the last couple days I started playing level 9 NPCs in the characters my brothers play.

One move I've noticed that I hate is the falco kick-kick-rapidkick. I get stuck it in all the time because he seems to be able to kick farther than me (maybe I just need to get good at f-tilt?) and I can't get out of it or even shield.

Is there a way to minimize the damage I take there?

Thanks!

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
If you get stuck in it, DI away.

In this case just hold the control stick(or c-stick) away from Falco to get out of the combo.

My way of preventing myself from being trapped in that is either smash him, toss an egg at him or hit him from the air.

It's best to learn from playing other people rather than CPUs though, since other people also learn... while CPUs do not.

TheLake

Smash Master
Your first comment made me laugh.

Computers have unnatural reflexes brah so fight REAL folks and you'll realize those little kicks are the LEAST of your worries (;

Just remember CC and down smash are decent allies for yoshi and eggs really help throwing off falcos game. Hes a fast faller as well so yoshi ***** (uptilts, up airs, up smash, all that good stuff) so expermiment

Hope that kind of helps

underpowered

Smash Cadet
Ya, I realize it's not as good as fighting against a person. :(

But at least I get to practice moves in a setting that's less boring than training.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Just as a note to your playing, I play against level 8s. It does wonders for my sanity; you should try it.

Top Bottom