• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco basics?

nyra90

Smash Rookie
i've been playing around without useing all the fancy stuff for a wile. and today i was practicing and found a less good variation of pillaring. and the only reason i found it(i didn't know about pillaring) was to get a good opertunity to spike someone off the edge, then i fought a level 8 pichu it took me a little wile to adjust my timing. so when i went in aroun 80 or so damage and use my down tilt he died. so then i decided to see how effective this move was and it kills gannon at around 150. well i msure you all already knew this but my main question is should most combos go for this move as a finisher or should i be killing people before i can use this?

Giggidax

Smash Ace
the tail fan is a good killer move as its quick and sends opponents flying upwards to their doom at certain %'s. but its actually kind of tricky to get this down on a actual human opponent.

basically wat im saying is, do watever u want the tailfan is a good ko move. if u think it will hit then use it. just try not to spam it. but u know falcos dtilt can sometimes go under peoples shields. leaving ur friends to be like "wtf? i was shielding!"

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Okay here are some moves.
1. pillaring- shine and shine cancel by jumping, using his drill kick, L-cancel, and repeat.
2. short hop laser- short hop, laser, short hop laser, so on.....it will annoy your opponents but try not to use it frequently.
3. reverse short hop laser- run away tilt the analog stick to the opposite side and return to the middle while you short hop abviously laser.
4. ever heard of shine combos?
5. multishine- slide your tumb from Y to B fast enough, this is an advance tech and very hard to master.
6. double laser off the edge- flick your control stick fast and at the same time pressing B.
7. double laser on the edge- same as above except that you are on the edge.
8. waveshine- shine, wavedash, shine, wavedash, so on.... you do know how to wavedash right?
These are some of falco's moves, I love to make shine combos and shffl all over the place. Here goes some other advice:
1. one, two punch, kick!- this is how I call it :laugh: just tap the A button 3 times perfect way to start off a combo.
2. grab, and smash- grab your opponent throw him down and press C-stick down, my fav. move, or you can do the slash kick either one works well.
3. another of my fav moves is, shine drill kick. Just shine when your opponent, and just jump, and at the same time doing the drill kick. My falco combo vid coming SOON!!

Notice I posted this somewhere else too!!! felt too lazy to type :laugh: .

nyra90

Smash Rookie
Okay here are some moves.
1. pillaring- shine and shine cancel by jumping, using his drill kick, L-cancel, and repeat.
2. short hop laser- short hop, laser, short hop laser, so on.....it will annoy your opponents but try not to use it frequently.
3. reverse short hop laser- run away tilt the analog stick to the opposite side and return to the middle while you short hop abviously laser.
4. ever heard of shine combos?
5. multishine- slide your tumb from Y to B fast enough, this is an advance tech and very hard to master.
6. double laser off the edge- flick your control stick fast and at the same time pressing B.
7. double laser on the edge- same as above except that you are on the edge.
8. waveshine- shine, wavedash, shine, wavedash, so on.... you do know how to wavedash right?
These are some of falco's moves, I love to make shine combos and shffl all over the place. Here goes some other advice:
1. one, two punch, kick!- this is how I call it :laugh: just tap the A button 3 times perfect way to start off a combo.
2. grab, and smash- grab your opponent throw him down and press C-stick down, my fav. move, or you can do the slash kick either one works well.
3. another of my fav moves is, shine drill kick. Just shine when your opponent, and just jump, and at the same time doing the drill kick. My falco combo vid coming SOON!!

Notice I posted this somewhere else too!!! felt too lazy to type :laugh: .

my wave dash is clumbsy and i suck at l canncles. but i was playing around with the multi shine and managed to get what sounded like 8 off wile on the ground. i don't quite understand the double lazer thing you think you could give me a better explaination?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
there is absolutely no reason to practice multishining. you arent good enough to put it to use. in fact most people on the forums arent, and its not that important anyway.

tip: learn useful stuff.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=37qZ2kfavdQ Watch this vid it might help. The double laser is really hard at first but you get used to it. While holding on to the edge jump down(flicking the analog stick down) then as you jump up flicking the control stick up, while you are pressing B to spit out the both lasers. So you flick the control stick quickly, while pressing B. Sorry if I can't explain well, maybe dashiz thread might help you if you still don't get it. Multishining is not important, but it's pretty cool. :chuckle: Good luck.

My falco combo vid coming soon!!!

Top Bottom