• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco + Autopilot

children's_novel

Smash Rookie
So an issue that I struggle with sometimes is that I go on autopilot with Falco. When it happens, I end up spamming SHL until I make an approach with Nair or Dair. I'm hoping I can learn how to mix up my approaches more often as well as working on my SHL game (pretty much not mindlessly spamming lasers). Any ideas? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Try shooting a laser dash dancing, then shooting another, dash dancing, then one more and approach. Basically, you don't just want to approach with lasers because it's obvious when you're going to throw out an attack. Dash dance with laser mixups are pretty much the best way to approach and you commit a lot less.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I like the dash dance laser game. Is run to shine a decent approach or too risky?
Try to stack a laser with a run shine such that they hit simultaneously, protecting you from their counterattack. Falcos run speed is so slow it's not safe to approach long distances with it.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Try to stack a laser with a run shine such that they hit simultaneously, protecting you from their counterattack. Falcos run speed is so slow it's not safe to approach long distances with it.
good point, i'll try to apply this. maybe even laser then wavedash into shine or something.

Top Bottom