• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Falco) Are you flashy?

Volrec

Smash Lord
My Falco is pretty solid, I've got the techniquees down very very well. But I feel something is missing...
That's it! Style! I know that being flashy doesnt help you not one bit, but it sure is cool. I love it.

When i'm flashy, I do the doubleshine- pillar, as seen in You got Shiz'd on. I dont do it on people, because good chance they'll just grab you. Plus, i can do it on command. :D

What do you do?

A-Laon

Smash Master
Ah yes. After I kill my opponent, I pointlessly drop from ledges, walljump, and then illusion back onto the edge from as close as possible, over and over again. No productive reason at all. Just feels cool to do.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol @ alaon...its like another way of taunting. whats really fun to do is mess that up and then die because falco's recovery ******* sucks

A-Laon

Smash Master
lol @ alaon...its like another way of taunting. whats really fun to do is mess that up and then die because falco's recovery ******* sucks
Thankfully I'm yet to kill myself doing it. The only way to lethally mess it up is to miss the walljump... and you have some serious issues if you can't hit a wall.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Actually Volrec, doing the double shine pillar you can't get grabbed. The only thing they can do is rollout. And the only way they can grab you is if they powershield the shine and then grab. So do it on people.

To be flashy? I probably do like 8-10 shines real quick then start wavedashing away, or I just dash dance and then shoot a laser, lol.

Edit: Another way they can grab you is if your doing the shines too slow.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I wavedash around like crazy and practice pillaring. When they respawn I get to the right side of the map and do the firefox stall for a while. I can keep the firefox stall on the right side up forever for some reason.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Just curious shiz do you spot wavedash your multiple shines or JC them?
Well I'm obviously not Shiz but I asked this same question in his question topic. I was told that wavedashing in place is not nearly fast enough and that you have to JC shine. I played around with it and I believe it to be true. That and watching Shiz's videos I can clearly see that he JC shines, hence why the come out so fast.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Actually Volrec, doing the double shine pillar you can't get grabbed. The only thing they can do is rollout. And the only way they can grab you is if they powershield the shine and then grab. So do it on people.

To be flashy? I probably do like 8-10 shines real quick then start wavedashing away, or I just dash dance and then shoot a laser, lol.

Edit: Another way they can grab you is if your doing the shines too slow.
Freakin awesome, :D
I have to practice this technique. :D

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing this multishine thing over and over, but can someone tell what's it real use?

Can you break an opponent's shield by multishining?

Or is it used only for flashyness purposes?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
i dont think flashiness is useless. being randomly unpredictable can be intimidating.

when i kill someone i like to go to the edge and keep lhdling. i dont know why

Adi

Smash Lord
you probably could break an opponents sheild if you had INSANE technical skill, but it's more practical use is to just get another hit at the shield in if you're pillaring

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Cyberdemon or anyone else that doesn't get the multishining. Go to 1v1 section, and look at the INNsomnia vids. Look at my match vs Forward the first one and second one. Thats when I was really using them.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
those are awesome matches by the way. pretty intense. i think you had forward nervous or put alot of pressure on him cuz he was messing up alot like shining and not following up with anything (i think). forward is still king though :D

EazyP

Smash Ace
I always try and spike people with the illusion, yeah bad idea, but forget it, it's SO SWEET to do it that the game must stop and I need to get up a do a little dance

Volrec

Smash Lord
I always try and spike people with the illusion, yeah bad idea, but forget it, it's SO SWEET to do it that the game must stop and I need to get up a do a little dance
I reccomend Dair-cide. Illusion is meteor cancelled, plus Dair is better. But who am I to judge, im the one who made the topic....

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Cyberdemon or anyone else that doesn't get the multishining. Go to 1v1 section, and look at the INNsomnia vids. Look at my match vs Forward the first one and second one. Thats when I was really using them.

You're 2 good >_> those matches were amazing (triple shine = holy ****!)
Just a question about doubleshines. what method do you prefer?
1. Double shine with the controller stick (I usually use this method)
2. Use X (I can do it but its slower, I guess is "grabable")
3. Use Y (I mess up with Y)

and correct me if i'm wrong> the timing is different when you're hitting shields right? beacause i can do it with more consistency when i'm not hitting anything.

Note: I'll be very thankful with your answer

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
You're 2 good >_> those matches were amazing (triple shine = holy ****!)
Just a question about doubleshines. what method do you prefer?
1. Double shine with the controller stick (I usually use this method)
2. Use X (I can do it but its slower, I guess is "grabable")
3. Use Y (I mess up with Y)

and correct me if i'm wrong> the timing is different when you're hitting shields right? beacause i can do it with more consistency when i'm not hitting anything.

Note: I'll be very thankful with your answer
i use the control stick its much easier for me. and yes the timing is different when you hit shields. You have to slow it down, Just like shuffling on a shield. Shiz told me this a while back when i was first leaning JC Shines. lol.

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
i wavedash like crazy and fire stall until my opponent is out of his/her invisable frames then come up with a ledge hop double lazer into some aggresive falco playing

Top Bottom