• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco and Smash DI Discussion

D-3P0

Smash Rookie
So I've been thinking about Smash DI a lot and I thought we could get a nice discussion going about it.
I'll start with some situations you can use Smash DI in:
1. When being chain grabbed by Fox, in order to get out quickly, do slight DI left or right and then once you get hit by an uptilt/nair, you can Smash DI hard away to get out of further follow ups
2. if you get caught by a Fox drill while trying to uptilt, if you Smash DI away, you can get a free shine
3. When on a platform above Marth, you can Smash DI his up air straight up to avoid getting caught in a slew of up airs/up tilts
4. when getting carried off stage by Puff bair, Smash DIing up will help you to escape earlier

I'd like to hear other uses for Smash DI in various mashups and other Smash DI related things you've discovered

Top Bottom