• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Advice

Zero May Cry

Smash Cadet
First off get a better recording device Kappa

Okay, I'll be making this list in no particular order- they're all equally important

1. Your tech skill. Your tech skill was good and you were hitting those shine down airs and doing those swag multishines so it seems that you can learn / know the technical things with Falco. I'll try to ignore the few times you SD'd from messed up tech lol. I wouldn't reccomend going for that stuff in a match unless you're 100% confident in your ability to do it. However, this is a trap that a lot of players fall in - focusing way too much on perfecting tech skill rather than playing their neutral and spacing. I feel like your plan in neutral was "let's just throw out some SHFFL aerials and see what happens" when you should probably be much more patient. The falcon player seemed very eager to approach and i think you should have taken more advantage of that. I think part of this is making sure you don't go into autopilot when you play and instead thinking actively about your opponent's habits while playing.

2. Your neutral. I kinda already talked about this, but I think you really need to focus on your neutral much more. I feel like you just threw out a bunch of SHFFLs and a few short hop lasers without really thinking it through. Like I said, autopilot. Try spacing more and punish falcon's bad approaches more than approaching yourself. But then again I may be biased because I'm just kind of basing this on how I play Falco against a really aggresive player when I'm not playing aggro myself. I would mix up short hop lasers at a distance with maybe some dash dance SHFFL nair/dairs up close.

3. Combos / conversions. Granted I don't really play falco on YI brawl, I would recommend taking some CPUs to that stage and figuring out how Falco's combos work with the center platform. Explore ways to keep from overextending your combos and ways to extend using the platform.

I would highly reccomend watching PPMD's falco and analyzing the way he thinks when he plays. He's interesting because he thinks about every move he does and that shines (no pun intended) through his gameplay. The guy does some really smart stuff that all Falco players should take note of.

Top Bottom