• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair spike

null55

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ90Pjw_UnM

6:40 - someone figure out how to do this without the move being canceled by someone's recovery.

If the first or second hit are the only ones that spike, it could be possible that the tip of Falco's beak may have the same effect. So, hitting with the tip and then moving away after the first hit may spike... That's my theory, or for a better word... my "hope" for fair-spiking.

Kazon

Smash Cadet
dont think its a spike
looks like the bowser didnt react fast enough or something similar

Binx

Smash Master
If you watch a little more of the video you can tell how garbage the people he's playing are. I don't think this is going to be a significant discovery even if it does work since going off the edge isn't really worth it.

null55

Smash Master
Bowser used his up-B and it stopped the fair from finishing, but they both still got hit by each others moves. Then the Bowser went straight down. So... He didn't react quickly enough? What?

It's a really weak spike at least, but the opponent did go straight down. I want to know if the other hits of fair have the same effect besides the last one of course which does not.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
lol its cancels Peoples B ups when they connect i put the Fair section in my movie to show this, i also explained the mechanics of the fair spike on AIB. lol in retrospect i prolly should have put it in my description, but i felt like i would be bragging for making a discovery that i thought most people knew

(most common cancels include DK and Bowser) causes a slight downward push

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
It clearly isn't a spike, mearly the because of the fact if it was a spike it would of caused much more nockback due to bowsers damage, all it did was cancel bowser's up B.

J4pu

Smash Champion
dont post in old threads ham, this thread was dead and it was widely realized that it wasnt a real spike but was two moves clashing in the air

Top Bottom