• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fair isn't just for gimping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Shovel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiny-Shovel
3DS FC
0275-9078-8854
So fair. It's a multi-hit move that can drag opponents and is normally used as a gimp technique. However, it does have other uses. The final hit can kill at higher percents and although it has landing lag, the landing also has a hitbox and can give you a little breathing space.

Personally, if an opponent tries to recover high, I like to use Falco's crazy high jump, fair, double jump, fair again them off screen. It doesn't matter if the final hit connects, as most characters aren't gonna recover. Of course, sideB back onto the stage for us.

The fair can be used in so many situations. Try jumping backwards off stage to fair, it can lead to some awesome stage spikes.

Any other ways to utilise this amazing move?

S.S.

M@v

Subarashii!
Try using it as a follow up out of down throw. A lot of people DI up and away so you get a lot free percent with it.

Thor

Smash Champion
I'll use utilt -> fair if they DI utilt in front of me and I think I can eat a jump or an airdodge with it. I'll still sometimes try pivot bair for KOs but fair is less sucky than in Brawl so actually using fair for its intended purpose (hitting stuff in front of Falco) seems like an option now.

Fair is more useful now for sure.

Last edited:

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
fair is much better than in brawl. as already mentioned it's very useful for edgeguarding and has good combo potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom