• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair after Double Jump?

SpikeyMike

Smash Rookie
I've noticed a lot of Sheiks (M2K, Shroomed, DruggedFox) using fair after they double jump. Specifically when they are recovering. I was wondering what the benefit of this was and if I should implement it into my game. I could see why fair after double jump could be a good idea to trade if someone's trying to read your DJ but I've seen players do this when they are nowhere near their opponent. Does it give any kind of momentum boost? Or is it simply muscle memory and they always fair after their DJ due to habit?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
There's also a popular idea that's been around forever, about how using a Fair straight after gives your double jump a tidbit more forwards momentum. IIRC someone disproved this in debug though; I'd provide a source but can't remember where I read/watched it.

Top Bottom