• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faclon Player would like Advice :)(Videos)

RaF_Panda

Smash Rookie
Maybe very short about me:
I am a Newcomer (one year of melee) CF player from Germany.I put a lot of effort into that game so far and had personal, satisfying success for time i play(beating a lot more experienced players already).
I never had anything recorded until now from the last mini Tourney we had here in Germany.
So these are tourney matches(where i still lack a lot of experience to play like i normaly play:))
So if would really like some Advice/Critiques/Tipps from you guys :)

Tranx(Link) vs. Panda(CF)(1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VdcU5NYlw

Tranx(Link) vs. Panda(CF) (2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4xRCaSscE

Makkura(Marth) vs. Panda(CF) (1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlVy06tomI

Makkura(Marth) vs. Panda(CF) (2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCPLF-g_nfk

Makkura(Samus) vs. Panda(CF) (3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8nfUXqsf4

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I watched the ones were you played Marth.

I noticed that when he was in uthrow/dthrow --> knee range, you would do an uair or something.

Know when to just throw and knee. I believe it was 69%, an uthrow knee is inescapable and at 85%, dthrow knee is inescapable.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you were hella nervous, so id be interested to see some seriously of you playing some1 you're familiar with. Know you throw -> knee percentages. With all due respect to ^Will im pretty sure its up-throw knee until like 100%ish then its down-throw knee.

Your out of shield game needs work, but im sure atleast part of the reason it was so lackluster was because of nerves.

RaF_Panda

Smash Rookie
Well yeah i kinda knew abaout the u-throw knee but i guess i choked and did an u-air instead so i was ssure i would hit.I guess really the nervous thing is my biggest problem, but as tourneys are the big thing, i guess this is still where i have to improve.So keep em advices comin if you like :)

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
there was one point where you were comboing marth, and then i guess you didn't see another opportunity to continue the combo, and you just ran to the other side of the stage. (On dreamland against marth) Even if you can't keep hitting him, you shouldn't just give him so much space. It gives them an opportunity to regain their bearings. Keep the pressure up even if you can't hurt them or whatever.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Hi Panda! =D

I do not really know what you need to improve. Maybe it is best for you to ask the top german players about what you can do better. I know that Ice can tell you everything you need to do. Also you play desame as me so i would not know what you are doing wrong lol. Probly the same things as me. For example having too much fun in a tourney match >) Had a good time @ berlin calling? ^^
I guess you can put some more moonwalk edgeguards into your game. I know you can do that.
Moonwalk, short hop, dair, edge cancel, grab the edgde. stuff like that. It is not just flashy, it is actually really good to edgeguard some1 like that!
Otherwise I do not know what you need to improve. Try not to get hit and give longer combo`s , and taunt more.
Guess thats about it =)
How come you did got out of pools? =o

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Sup Panda =)

I mostly agree with Jeapie, right now you just need to work on your overall game (reads, spacing, DI etc...) and you'll start placing well in no time!
If I were to tell you to focus on one specific thing, though, I'd probably say shffling. You're not bad at it by any means, but I'm sure you could get even faster =)
Keep it up man, looking forward to playing you again.

RaF_Panda

Smash Rookie
well thanks for the advice guys^^Though i guess its not really much of a help but i like you:)Well as i already told you though.I play smash for only 1 year now, so keep that in mind:)I hope these things like Di and so on come with the time i really just need the experience i guess^^Really looking forward to see you guys, atm i consider myself making huge improvements, so yeah might be funny^^(today we had another little tourney and i scred 3rd again*yay :p*)Really these tourney matches are not the game i am capable of right now, so i think i will try to post some more relaxed matches with my full potential :)

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
Pannndaaaaar :)

u rly have to get rid of these Double Jump approaches. Ur always gettin punished for this.. Its so obvious =O

Top Bottom