• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Facing Young Link

Idavar

Smash Rookie
Hello to all Marth users out there , well this is my first time on the Forums , I have a problem with young link ....... a friend has challenged to a duel with him and he speciallizes with young link . Last time i fought him my main was link , eventually i saw Marth as the key to victory for mr , well against my cousins and relatives . I havnt fought my friend for about 7 months and i dont know wat trainning he's done . So I would appreciate it if you would lend me some of your wisdom.......

PS: Like i wrought this is my first time of the forum so im unaware of certain names of attacks and moves you guys use here..........:ohwell: :confused: :(

Thanks for any help :) :) :) :)

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
what all does your friend know? is he good with advanced techniques? when you post questions like that here, it helps the rest of us to help you by providing us with details we could use as guidelines for giving out info.

young link is small and quick as you might have noticed, but he has a short and slow roll distance and his grab can lead to a huge opening if he misses you, so when you think he's gonna grab you, sidestep then counter. he also might like to use a lot projectiles so watch out for that. normally you can block his projectiles by lightly attacking them rather than shielding, since shielding creates a little more lag. also try to keep him above you since marth has a decent upward-attacking game if you don't smash it. (the stab, not the swipe. you want to use the swipe). Keep him in the air as much as you can since marth has excellent aerial game, but watch out for link's downward stab. other than that all i can say is young link is quick so you have to be light on your fingers.

Idavar

Smash Rookie
thanks for the help Demonsbane , in 2 days were having the duel so i'll try and video the match and put it up on youtube . '' Knowing your enemy is the quickest path to victory '' as Snake quoted ......

AS Money

Smash Lord
Y.Link's sword -|--
Marth's sword -|---------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Marth wins

AS Money

Smash Lord
it also helps at to say space well and the > at the end of marth sword is the tip=great damage and knock back hit there

Top Bottom