• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FA has so many uses <3

holymario

Smash Apprentice
The most obvious one is to stun enemys to DP but its really great to come back on the stage if you come from above.
If you know the enemy has only 1 hit moves in air you can FA and after or even before he hits you cancel FA. Also when your enemy is standing too close to the ledge and you have hang there just fall -> jump and FA. Thx to the float you are above the ledge can take one hit and counter your enemy while landing on stage to punish him. And another great thing is that you can play mind games with the cancel. I can't count anymore how often I canceled short hop FA when my opponent came from above and he air dodged and I was able to punish them.

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Dragon punch? Wuuuuuut. Is that another name for Shoryuken? Never heard of it.

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
I find it funny how many people there are here who are unfamiliar with fighting game inputs and terms lol

FADC, DP and such are so foreign for so many people lmao

link2702

Smash Champion
I find it funny how many people there are here who are unfamiliar with fighting game inputs and terms lol

FADC, DP and such are so foreign for so many people lmao
to be fair, put any smash specific terms in front of a lot of traditional fighting game fans and they'd stare at them blankly not knowing what they mean.

DI, SDI, SHFFLing, RAR, DACUS, FAIR, DAIR, UAIR, BAIR, B-sticking, etc.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
to be fair, put any smash specific terms in front of a lot of traditional fighting game fans and they'd stare at them blankly not knowing what they mean.

DI, SDI, SHFFLing, RAR, DACUS, FAIR, DAIR, UAIR, BAIR, B-sticking, etc.
Tipper, wave dash, multishine even as well. FG terms aren't universal sadly, you would only get the ones that apply to your main game

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ryu can waveland with AFADC. Simply input an air dash cancel close to the ground. From observation this actually cancels the dash animation, causes you to slide, and I believe there is no landing lag aside from the normal 2-5 frames for generic landings.

Sorta a fancy gimmick but this can open up interesting punish opportunities if you armor something at extremely low commitment but are barely out of range for FA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom