• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero GX -- Story and Custom Craft (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hi all. Have had renewed interest in F-Zero recently. I havent beaten it completely yet. Its d@mn hard!! With Story mode I find a fair few of the V.Hard missions are too hard.. and even a few of the Hard missions are too difficult. For instance, The Bloody Chain chapter, or whatever its called, you know the one with Michael and the gang? I beat everyone off the track and give him and absolute thrashing by comparison, and he doesn't even begin to flash red. I simply cannot kill him. I give him more than a few solid whacks too, its not like I hit him once and give up. That last stretch is precious and he simply doesnt die on it. Any suggestions? What should my weight ratio be? Does it matter? Anyhoo.. I still havent earned all the bonus craft so please, no spoiling it for me. I cant do the first chapter on V.Hard either. I ahvent been able to cross the line in time. Hmm.. well this isnt all about my troubles with Story mode, although help or advice would be valued. On to customising.

What do you think is the most valuable attribute? Personally I think Boost Grip Body in that order. Some may think otherwise. Why? I made a mdeium load craft with stats B B B. Its races well but I'm sure I could do better. I was thinking maybe a C A B or C B A perhaps. Have any of you made any killer machines? I would like to know. On a side note, did anyone notice that from F-Zero X to F-Zero GX, that Pico picked up and extra stat point, making him statiscally the best character out of the default racers? He used to be a run of the mill B B C, but in GX he became A B C, creating a total of 6 points distributed amongst his stats. The best previously was only 7. Of course with the introduction of customisation, a total of 3 is acheivable, but is it desirable? I think not, I think your racer would become far too heavy. I'm not sure, maybe I'll test it.

Input is appreciated. :)

WarAdept

Smash Rookie
Some chapters (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9...) can be done a little easier by Snaking. Other than that, keep to maximum top speed. For Chapter 5, Save Jody, as soon as the announcer says, "You got Boost Power!", look at your speedometer and when it gets to 1000+, boost. Never stop boosting. Also, don't use the drift (L and R) as it slows you down.

Chapter 7 is the **** of all of them. You'd be REAL lucky if you were able to kill Blood Falcon, Black Bull and Samurai Goroh. Otherwise, use those mines at the end to your advantage.

As for me, I can't really help you with customising, since my memory card is full and I don't wanna erase anything :mad:

WarAdept

Smash Rookie
For Pico, yes he did get an extra point for Body, but remember, his boost is pathetic, even though it has a B ranking.

It may get a decent top speed of around 1600+ when boosting, but the boosts are so short and sudden, plus they drain quite a bit of energy, makes him weaker. He is a very good snaker though :p

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah, Save Jody was one of the easier chapters. Didnt have much trouble with that. Snaking? Wha..? Have I missed something? Is that some osrt of technique that I have unfortuantely missed out on? What on Earth do you mean?

WarAdept

Smash Rookie
It's basically manipulating the game's mechanics. You may have noticed in games such as Mario Kart, that you are rewarded with a small boost if you powerslide correctly. F-Zero is no different.

Here's what to do.

1. Set the graph to MAX acceleration.
2. To snake, you must first press L to drift, and turn left at the same time. Then about half a second after, press R and right at the same time. Do this continuously, and that's snaking, due to the erratic motion that your machine takes.
3. Not all machines are good at snaking. The Blue Falcon is one of the better ones. To get a really good snaking car, choose the Black Bull.
4. With snaking, it is possible to get up to 1800+ on straights. Press the boost while snaking and watch the speedometer rocket up to 2500+!

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a MAJOR disadvantage to snaking. Because of the very high top speeds, your machine loses some grip, and you might find yourself flying off the course. Also, when snaking, the body of your machine has been reduced to something around near 0 defence. A light hit from a spin attack can take around 1/3 of your Shields.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Your "*insert number* points distributed amongst his stats" is flawed.

You even said yourself that weight plays a factor as well.

but there are 4 more stats to have in mind:

Accelleration
Conering
Max Speed
and Body

Here're Mighty Gazelle's stats

Frost Lynx-G4: (1700kg) Medium
Part: Name, Rating, Weight
Body: Aqua Goose C 700 kg
Cockpit: Super Lynx, B, 460 kg
Booster: Titan -G4, B, 540 kg

is the custom machine I've gotten most out of.

Edit: I suggest not to snake in Story Mode, you can't really get better times(in story mode) with snaking with just knowing how to snake. You have to be really good at snaking before it's useful in Story Mode.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm not as bad a player as I thought I was. With a bit of practice I managed to defeat Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald cups on Master and have conquered a fair few difficulties that I hadnt previously on Story mode. All that is left before I complete F-Zero is to beat Story mode chapters 1, 3, 7 and 9 on V.Hard, and to beat Diamond Cup on Master. Not bad hey? Hehe, the Spade is cool..

I have made only 2 custom craft so far, One has B B B and runs ok, but my real star performer is one I created recently, with C A C. It runs very well for some reason. It's bizarre, it goes so much faster than all the other racers. I'll build the custom machine you said Metroid, and try it, but I doubt it will please me as much as my 2nd creation has. I'll post its machine parts later, I have to go to bed now, I'm tired beyond belief. Thanks for sharing.

Bowser87

Smash Lord
That's weird, I had only beaten 3 chapters on VH when I cleared Grand Prix mode. I actually find chapter 5 WAY harder than chapter 3. That door at the end of Chapter 5 is the definite proof of AV's evilness.
As for the custom machines , I only used the Frost Lynx-G4 to complete Diamond Cup on Master, and never used after that them except for multiplayer sometimes.

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Not really. The Crazy Bear and Green Panther are amongst the best machines in acceleration, and they both weigh higher than 2000 kg.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Update: I need to beat chapter 1, 7 and 9 on V.Hard. I also have to beat Diamond on master. Thats all I have left! YAY! I thought chapter 5 wasnt very hard. Its a controlled environment, the same every attempt, but chapter 7 for instance is way hard due to massive variations, and of course many racers. Its always a different race.

My car likes to die on Lateral Shift on the diamond cup. :( I think I get screwed over sometimes. I mean, theres 30 of us right? And who is the only car to get piled into and squeezed upwards and off the course buy 10 other people, while the other 19 are spinning like jerks? Me. Grr.. I'll just have to keep trying. Anyone made a craft with A A A stats? Is it any good? I mean it works on paper, but how does it drive..?

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Update: I need to beat chapter 1, 7 and 9 on V.Hard. I also have to beat Diamond on master. Thats all I have left! YAY!
Heh, you are in for a surprise then. I wont spoil anything for you, but there's gonna me more to beat...

Also if you have been able to beat the Emerald cup on Master then you should be able to beat Diamond on Master. Most F-Zero GX gamers claim that Emerald cup is the hardest of them all.

Originally posted by SabreAnt
Anyone made a craft with A A A stats? Is it any good? I mean it works on paper, but how does it drive..?
There's only one car that's good with AAA(I'll return to that later). But all AAA machines drive really bad. They have the worst accelleration in the game, they turn like h*ll. They can gain incredible speeds, most of them can snake as well, plus a really good boost.

This means that you wouldn't want to drive a AAA machine on courses with lots of twists and turns. The problem is that that's almost how every course in the game is build.

The best AAA imo is

Jewel Bruiser-V2 (3100kg) Very Heavy
Part / Name / Rating / Weight
Body / Megalo Cruiser / A / 1600 kg
Cockpit / Garnet Phantom / A / 640 kg
Booster / Thunderbolt -V2 / A / 860 kg

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hehehe! I made an A A A machine and it runs like Rhino, literally. It runs right off the track! HA! Yeah mine was called Jewel somthing aswell. I made it all pitch black and put a skull on the engine and Black Shadow's portrait on the front, and made him pilot it. Looks simply prime evil! A real treat :). I also made a craft with stats C B A, ran well but my C A C creation was more drivable. Cant explain why. Shame too, because I like the parts on C B A a bit better. My A A A machine could only complete Trident without dying. Its that fast. Wow.

I'll put spoilers in the topic, because I'm discovering new things that some readers may have not already, so dont read if you dont want things to be revealed to you. (As far as I have played) And please, noone post anything about the 3 craft I have yet to earn. Those three are: Double Phoenix, Crazy Taxi, and er... I think it has 3 people driving it? I saw them at the end of a GP one time..

Anyway, I earned AX cup!!! YAHHOOOOOO!! :D :D :D :D :D Is really cool. I did it on novice, but I haven't had a chance to play it today so I have yet yo complete all difficulties. I havent bought that 'Sounds of Big Blue' yet. I presume its some sort of sound test? I dunno. I still need to beat chapter 1, 7 and 9 on V.Hard in Story mode. Aghh! Any tips for chapter 1? That ones giving me the most trouble. I mean, it seems so hard to get them all, AND get across the line in time. Its such a tall order. I guess you guys might have done them all? Metroid, have you?

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Chapter 1 was the last chapter I beat. First, you need to find yourself an order in which you get the capsules, then practice, practice and practice until you get perfect. When I first played it on Very Hard, I thought I'd never be able to complete, but one week later, I could almost do it with ease!
On Chapter 9, I used 75% Max Speed. You have to basically use all of your boosts each lap. Make sure you boost before the jump, that'll save you some time.
As for Chapter 7, I also used 75% Max Speed. Make sure you kill Black Shadow at the beginning. You need to side-dashes to destroy him. Make one as he passes you to your left, then on your right, or something like that. Might seem a bit hard at first, but with practice it becomes easy. As for the rest of the race, try to destroy a lot of machines, especially Blood Falcon and The Skull. Just DON'T get in the way of Samurai Goroh, Michael Chain, or even Bio Rex or Baba. The reason this chapter can depend on luck is primarily because of them. Finally, on your last lap, try to hit the mines on the last stretch, that's definately going to help. I hit 3 of them when I won, and flew past the 3 leading machines.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I was hoping you weren't going to say that about chapter 1. Dang :(. I get so frustrated after only several attempt that I play other stuff. Oh well, I have been known to get psychotic about beating things that seem unbeatable before. So I'll get in within the next few days... probably. I use full max speed for it, do you use 75%?

Chapter 9 is the same story just like I thought. Good solid practice. I have a tendency to like bouncing off walls now and then and this is where the problem lies. Boost off the jump? To skip part of the track, cut a corner? Or just to get serious airtime? I always use 100% speed on that one because the CP cruising speed is really fast. I didnt think it could be done with anything less... btw did anyone ever notice that you cant change the Blue Falcon's colour in Story Mode? I just found that out 2 days ago. Weird, but cool. Makes it more enforced roleplay of C.F.

Chapter 7 I did like you say and killed Black Shadow at the start, and I sooooo won. V.Hard is 5 laps though, that becomes endurance. Difficult. I know what you mean about the mines but I have had bad experiences with mines blowing me clear of the finish line canopy on that track. Bizarre to watch. When I beat it on Hard it was funny, I was flashing red at the last leg on lap 4 when I did it, and Blood Falcon was the only one in front of me, so he makes a last ditch effort at me and does a spin attack and slows himself down drastically. So I pass him and boosted my butt off! Hehe! Mission Clear!!

I did standard difficulty on AX cup last night. That is one long cup. Takes like 15-20 minutes of solid playtime. Good fun though. I came first on all but Port Town, where I came 2nd. Not happy... :) btw when I was trying to think of the names of the 3 craft I dont have, it was RAINBOW Phoenix, not Double Phoenix like I thought, GROOVY Taxi, not Crazxy Taxi thats a game not a craft, and Pink Spider which I had forgotten altogether. I think Pink Spider has 3 very gay looking short men piloting it..

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Sorry to double post, but I doubt anyone will read my old one if I just edit it. Today I defeated F-Zero GX Story mode completely! YAHOO!!! You heard me! Quite the buzz it was. I beat Chapter 1 after a few interesting tests with my pattern of capsule collection, and boost points, or more importantly, where not to boost ;). Was exciting as I improved turn by turn.

Chapter 7 saw me crush Black Shadow at the start, as indicated in an above post. I then raced very well for a change, and beat 2nd over the finish line by less than one 10th of a second. In fact, it wasnt clear if I'd won until the MISSION CLEAR registered a moment later in my brain. Good race.

Chatper 9 was awesome. The very first attempt of the day saw me get to the 3rd lap. Something I hadnt achieved ever on V.Hard. I always used to have my speed at full and this was the root of all my problems. I only had 75% approx when I beat it. Was a fine race, and earnt me the Groovy Taxi :)

I've been going through and racing everyone on Master in AX cup. Those victory videos are priceless!! I love Falcons, and Blood Falcon's is hilarious too!! :rotfl: In fact, I'm off to play it right now. Cheers!

Yaya

Smash Champion
The ending to Story Mode ticked me off, it should of ended with Falcon kneeing the "Creators" in the face.

Best ending ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom