• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Tilt speed and CPUs

XxSilentxX

Smash Rookie
Long timer lurker, New time poster, so bear with me :embarrass.

So, I've read most of the threads here, including the D-Tilt > F-tilt increased speed "AT". Recently, I've noticed that most of the time CPUs use F-Tilt, it is at the speed from the video I saw. As I am typing this (I have a 99 stock Snake vs. Meta CPU fight going on cuz i'm bored D:), MK just did it, without any attacks before the F-Tilt. Does this mean that there is a way to do this without a beginning D-tilt? Maybe it will make it useful? Please Reply D: and tell me what you think.

MK4lyfe.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
f-tilt is already one of Mks best ground moves and its speed doesn't really matter. If you can land the first usually the following two hit. Dtilt to ftilt is just a combo like any other combo.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Hi Silent,

I'm the one who posted and youtube'd about the increased ftilt speed 'trick'.

I never watch computer players but I'll research your findings. I thought I saw a friend once do it 'increased speed' without a dtilt, as well.

This could be very useful esp for mindgames.

The dtilt version is far from useless, however.

XxSilentxX

Smash Rookie
I found a decent video of what i'm trying to explain; although, this one does have a F-smash before it, but I don't think it affects it. It's around :19/:20, so look for it, i'm sure theres more throughout the video but thats the one i found first :p. http://youtube.com/watch?v=o8EcidcHYYE

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Yay! My YouTube video. lol

Seemingly you can do Ftilt very quick without a preceding move like Dtilt. You just have to press A *really* fast.

However, 'buffering' the whole Ftilt 'string' off a Dtilt (fast move) abuses the buffering system making it come out as fast as possible.

Your observation has braught a greater understanding of this 'trick' to me I should have already known.

Regardless, best of luck fellow Metas.

Top Bottom