• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F Smash

kown

Smash Lord
ok so im trying to learn how to use PIT to the fullest.
I want to know when r u not suppose to use F SMASH when ur within range. Now some say that spamming it will make it less of a kill move (less knockback). i used to agree to that fully except when i saw DEHF vs DC and i noticed DEHF using the F SMASH probably twice as much as me. I guess my question is r u suppose to use F SMASH in the beginning to rack up damage less when they are at 100% and than spam it when they get at about 130%. Also if u miss with the F SMASH does it decrease the knockback?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
F-Smash is an all around attack. Even if you spam it it keeps some killing ability. I use it mainly to rack up damage and to end my "slew" of attacks so I can put some distance between myself and my opponent. By doing you allow yourself the ability to use arrows while your opponent is still off-balance from the F-Smash.

In the end I use the F-Smash whenever the opportunity arises. Sure you lose killing power, but if you use your F-Smash as part of your attack you'll be getting your opponent to higher percentages faster anyway.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
DEHF's videos are old, and shouldn't be used for examples. Knockback shouldn't be a concern, and it doesn't decrease if you miss. I only use the F-smash when they're open, for instance if they short hop, or if I block an attack.

People like to spam the move because it looks so good. It has good power, damage, and speed. So what's wrong with using it? The problem with the move is that it's a multi-hit. It keeps you committed till all the strikes are completed. It is very easy for someone to block the first strike, roll safely behind you, and D-smash you before you're done.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I spam that thing like its a mellee ranged arrow but sometimes the second attack doesn't hit if you hit with the tip of the first swing it makes me very sad. I use it in sidestep fights the attack lasts long so they cant sidstep it and if they dodge the first swing you hit with the second (with is what you want) and if you hit with the first you will all most always hit with the second.

kown

Smash Lord
ok so i think i see what you guys are saying but my next question is when do i use AAA instead of f smash?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its faster so I use it when you start a fight next to your opponent (say in a 4 way or teams) out of glide cancaling, one match I glide attacked into Marth then used my aaa to hit the sonic (there way 3 of us left in the fight) and the rapid a holds them there for a minute so it was way nice. Also it a nice attack to switch up the match so you arn't predictable.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
ok so i think i see what you guys are saying but my next question is when do i use AAA instead of f smash?
The AAA is your, "get him off me!" move. If he gets close to you, and he isn't suffering any or little lag, you use this. I.E. you miss an F-tilt and he dashes towards you.

Top Bottom