• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Smash Tilting?

Freddoe

Smash Rookie
I just noticed the other day that Mario's forward smash could be tilted upwards and downwards. A perfectly timed downward tilted f-smash made for same nice ledge guarding that game, so I was wondering why I haven't noticed this before. Is this specific to PM? Are there other characters that can do this? If so, I haven't found any (nor have a I checked very hard).

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Many characters can tilt smashes or tilts, it covers different angles and often even changes the damage of the move depending on which way you tilt it. It's been in every smash game to date and is fairly useful.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I didn't know different tilts had different amounts of DMG
P cool

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Fairly sure up-angled smashes do more % than regular, while down-angled do less.

R-Moeny

Smash Rookie
I used to play a lot of Mario in Melee. His tilted F-Smash was his best edge guard but Mario is all around better in PM so it's not as useful.

Top Bottom