• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f#@$%*g peach

Fitty cent

Smash Rookie
i have a friend who plays peach and when i try to approach him he usually sidesteps everything. problem is it works. i try l canceled f air, dash grab, faking him out with a dash then stopping and trying to shield grab after the sidestep. after that well d smash. plz help???!!!

Fitty cent

Smash Rookie
if he sees the downsmash coming he'll shield usually and then we have a dsmash clash and his speed in the down smash gets me for like 50%

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's wrong, since your down smash SHOULD be quicker. If he sees the down smash coming, you're not dash-cancelling them smoothly enough.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just learn to be a little more cautious with your dash attacks. Peach generally has trouble in the air against Sheik, so she'll try to force you to the ground, where most of your low-priority ground attacks are just asking for DSmash.

If he plays passive, antagonize with needles, approach with needles, whatever. Catch his turnips and toss them back. Jabs can combo into downsmash, or if he starts to shield it, a grab. And downthrows pretty much sets every character up for Sheik's Fair or Dsmash. Sometimes even Uair, if Peach doesn't DI well.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
That's wrong, since your down smash SHOULD be quicker. If he sees the down smash coming, you're not dash-cancelling them smoothly enough.
uh just to tell u. im a peach player and wat u just said here is completely wrong. peach has the fastest d-smash in the game. its also the 2nd fastest move in the game tied with the fortress. if his d-smash is clanging that means hes attacking slightly before peach.

anyway, peach shiek match up is pretty good for shiek. they are right needles own peach bad use them often. do all her needle to anything combos. to edgegaurd if shes below the stage coming up jump off and back air her against the stage. if shes coming parallel f-tilt or d-tilt then fair. shiek is so much quicker then peach in general so just move around alot and make it hard for her to hit u with d smashes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, I was a little wrong, but I checked the specific frame data now.

Both Peach and Sheik DSmashes "start" (will do damage) on frame 5. The winner is whoever hits the C-Stick first.

Ares726

Smash Ace
uh just to tell u. im a peach player and wat u just said here is completely wrong. peach has the fastest d-smash in the game. its also the 2nd fastest move in the game tied with the fortress.
You are incredibly incorrect sir. Zelda has the fastest dsmash in the game. The fastest moves in the game are Fox/Falco/Jigglypuff's downB (they all hit on the first frame). Ganondorf's jab, Zelda's dsmash, and Bowser's fortress hit on the third frame.

EDIT: It also depends on which way each character is facing. Both attacks hit in the front first. Therefore if Sheik is facing Peach, but Peach has her back to Sheik, Sheik will hit first unless she starts later.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You are incredibly incorrect sir. Zelda has the fastest dsmash in the game. The fastest moves in the game are Fox/Falco/Jigglypuff's downB (they all hit on the first frame). Ganondorf's jab, Zelda's dsmash, and Bowser's fortress hit on the third frame.

EDIT: It also depends on which way each character is facing. Both attacks hit in the front first. Therefore if Sheik is facing Peach, but Peach has her back to Sheik, Sheik will hit first unless she starts later.
Four. Zelda hits on the fourth frame. Ganon is third, Bowser Fortress is fifth frame. However, Bowser Fortress is also invincible on frames 1-4.

Sheik jab hits on the second.

So, the relevant things are:
Sheik jabs faster than Peach can DSmash.
Zelda DSmashes faster than Peach can DSmash.
Sheik DSmash and Peach DSmash are equal in speed.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Try spacing your attack so he can't hit you with his downsmash after his dodge. Then use quick attacks like, Jab+Jab+Ftilt+Jab+Jab+Ftilt and keep going. Just make sure you only do 2 jabs so you don't go into a rapid punch. Most of shieks attacks have very good range, so you shouldn't have any problems spacing well.

Samochan

Smash Master
Also, if it's any use, sheik's feet on dsmash are invulnerable on the first frame the hitbox appears, so if you both would dsmash at the exact same frame, it would either clang or you'd outprioritise her dsmash (dunno how invulnerability affects the clanging). Space outside of her shieldgrab range with fair, which also causes enough shieldstun so that you can grab her with your longer reach, jab once or twice and then grab her or tilt/smash her ect. Dthrow at 100% will pretty much KO peach, from both fair and uair (if you play NTSC and not Pal) and sets up nicely for sheik's aerials and tilts on any %. So abuse that grab a lot. Your jab hits on the second frame, but Peach's jab is also 2nd frame attack and has nearly as much range as your jab has, if not the same.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
dunno how invulnerability affects the clanging
If two hitboxes collide with each other (not hurtboxes), then the attacks clank and cancel out. As can be figured, the Death Wind around Peach's dress from her DSmash is invincible as well. BUT, Sheik's first kick from her DSmash is slightly above ground, so one should be able to get a hit on Peach without trading, given good spacing. If you don't have good spacing, Sheik's head hurtbox catches Peach's DSmash.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I space my downsmashes to avoid her ****ty down smash.

Needle to grab works good to. Noob peaches usually try to down smash after needle when they should be jabbing a.k.a biaaatch slap.

Top Bottom