• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Air -> Regrab ledge

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around on the ledge and I found that after F-air you can regrab the ledge similar to sheik. Is this good in any situation?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I was messing around on the ledge and I found that after F-air you can regrab the ledge similar to sheik. Is this good in any situation?
If you hit the opponent away with the fair, you can follow up, so no. If you miss, you'll be punished, so not really.

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
I've been using that as an option for when they won't give you space on the ledge, but be sure not to use it all the time. Mix it up with other things on ledge to make the most of it.,

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Discussed somewhat in this thread.

There's literally like 2-3 paragraphs of information about it specifically and plenty about other ledge options. If you need more info I'll be glad to provide it.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I'd say it depends. If you drop -> rising fair -> ledge regrab, you should be capable of drop -> rising fair -> L-Cancel'd stage land. If you can prove that you can regrab the ledge and do that consistently, your opponent might not want to try and chase you once you get on the edge for fear of getting fair'd as you land on the stage because they could get JC grabbed and then you would wreak havoc. However, if you do it too much, there's a good chance they'll read or time it out and end up punishing. Like with just about anything in Smash, you've gotta be sure you don't be predictable. Marth's especially in Melee have to be careful on the edge. The phrase you should take to heart with Marth's (or anybody's) ledge options: Mix up your options.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
If your opponent reads you doing this as Falco or some other character with a higher priority move they're just going to clank/trade and you're going to be stuck out in the cold.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
If your opponent reads you doing this as Falco or some other character with a higher priority move they're just going to clank/trade and you're going to be stuck out in the cold.
And that is exactly why I said "However, if you do it too much, there's a good chance they'll read or time it out and end up punishing." Great example, though. Fox and Falco's fsmashes would almost definitely deal the 9% more damage to power through the move or clank off. And this is why you mix up your options.

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
And that is exactly why I said "However, if you do it too much, there's a good chance they'll read or time it out and end up punishing." Great example, though. Fox and Falco's fsmashes would almost definitely deal the 9% more damage to power through the move or clank off. And this is why you mix up your options.
Aerials don't clank

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Good point - I forgot this fact. I typically just kinda... fair to get back on stage and what happens happens. I do mix it up, but that's typically what I'll do once or twice around the beginning of the round. It's not too often that I'm caught hanging on the ledge a ton in one match. Either I'm on stage or I'm dead lol.

Top Bottom