• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme trouble vs samus

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Is fighting samus with IC's pointless??? i cant seem to do anything, nana just likes to eat missiles...

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
i have alot of trouble with samus myself i wish i had some advice for you light shield might be ur best chance and wait then make ur move. samus is difficult because she will just missle you until you attack and then abuse ur offense keep the light sheild up with nana which should protect her and use ur mind games, thats all i can really think of, like i said i have trouble with the matchup also

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'd love to offer advice, but I have to go to class right now. Don't worry, I'll come back and edit this post later so that it isn't useless.

Then again, I keep losing to HugS everytime we play, so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving advice.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
any advice from anybody would pretty much help... the only time im not getting hit by missiles is when im grabbing the samus... and i cant do much from there with nana still recovering from the dozens of missiles she took to the face...

(yay... i like the way my sig turned out...)

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
It's sounds like the missiles are giving you the most trouble. Assuming you're playing a regular Samus, I'm assuming there to be some crouch-cancelling d-smashing involved and up-B'ing out of shield as well. I hope these are valid assumptions. ^_^

When I'm playing a Samus, it's expected that there will be missiles, so it's necessary to close the distance quickly. If the missiles start firing before you're close, then it's time for "missile command" as I call it, and you're going to have to time your full-hopping (sidestepping doesn't work if you have Nana) of the missiles so that you don't get hit and Nana doesn't either. Shield if you have too, but you're mainly trying to dodge them. A small tip might be that if Nana gets hit by a missile, shield maybe two, giving her time to get back on. Wavedash out of shield, shield a missile, wavedash out of shield again to get close may be helpful at times like this, however, Samus could simply firing two missiles in succession to discourage this.

Usually when Samus is doing the missile barrage, there's a certain length where she'll slow down the missiles and prepare to knock you away so she can start it up again. If you mess this part up, you'll be back where you started. When you're close to Samus, prepare for her crouch-cancel you (grab or d-smash), shield so they can up-B out of it (shield to bait out the up-B, grab, or space an attack well), or maybe just attack you (n-air or f-smash I think are most probable, with a wavedash there at some point). It all depends on the kind of Samus you're playing, and when you're close you're going to have to be one step ahead of her. This fight is possible, so have hope. ^_^

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
i verse a samus every day... name Psyrus... and he loves to split up the duo whenever he can, whether it be missiles or wutnot.

I've notices that a clear defence against missiles is the icicle barrage. desync>short hop icicle>rpt will often destroy the missile before it reaches you. i also was experimenting with a way to stop the missile from doing damage or give you knockback right as it hits you... and i'd do the same thing pretty much, but without the shorthop. the hammer has to hit the missile, then it exlodes, nothing happens. it takes a great deal of timing so i recommend trying it in training mode.

if it doesn't work, just say so, but i'm experimenting on it

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you're just going to cancel missiles on the ground, then ftilt works fine i believe (maybe even jab? i don't know about that)

problem is you're not going to make much progress tilting away missiles

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Delphiki said:
If you 'wikify' what you just said (i.e., make it sound encyclopedic), that would help out the page I posted a lot.
Very well then. Here's a wikified version:

Samus vs. Ice Climbers
Most Samus players tend to crouch-cancel weaker attacks with a follow-up downsmash, or use the upward screw attack out of their shield after blocking an attack.

In this particular match-up, at a distance Samus is expected to large a barrage of missiles at low and high heights, so as to eliminate Nana. Nana's AI lacks to competency to dodge the missiles with any effectiveness, so it is up to the Ice Climbers player to dodge or shield them carefully, and close the distance as soon as possible. With proper timing of the full-hop, the Ice Climber player can keep Nana alive, all the while closing the distance on Samus. Side-stepping the missiles may work if timed right, keeping in mind Nana's 6 frame delay, along with wavedashing out of shield, shielding a missile, and wavedash out of shield again to get close. However, if the Ice Climbers remain grounded for too long, Samus could simply firing two ground missiles in succession to discourage this.

Usually when Samus is doing the missile barrage, there's a certain length where she'll slow down the missiles and prepare to knock the Ice Climbers away so that she may continue dominating the match. When Ice Climbers are close to Samus, she has a variety of options, which increases in proportion to the player's skill level, but most are likely to prepare and crouch-cancel any attack, shield so they can spin-attack out of it, or simply attack using a n-air, f-smash, or one of her tilts. This is most dependent on the play style of the player which maneuver is most likely, and also on whether the Ice Climbers are using the infinite.

Top Bottom