• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Speed Ledge Hog SDs

Katara

Smash Rookie
So we all know how simple it is to do an extreme speed hog from on stage.

However, when I try to grab the right ledge sometimes I just fall and don't grab ledge. I can't seem to figure out why it occurs occasionally.

Anyone know the reason?

Risky

Smash Ace
You may be letting go of down too early, or it could be at the very end of the animation and you aren't able to manipulate it anymore.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
the right ledge has always been harder for me. i usually just jump to it and do a bair or BRASC to turn myself around and grab the ledge
however i have had most success with ES turning the stick straight down after inputting ES, if that helps at all.

Searingarrow

Smash Rookie
The easiest way I've found to grab the ledges with ES is, for the right ledge press up B and then immediately hold down until you grab the ledge. For the left ledge press up B and then immediately move the stick to the bottom left and then hold down until you grab the ledge.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here is an easy trick for you all :p!

Instead of doing ES from the ground to edgehog, jump first and then use ES at any point in your jump to edgehog. You'll find yourself grabbing it every time instead of like 90% of the time.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Yes this is an inconsistency from brawl. From the ground, you can edgehog on the left side by doing any diagonal between left and down (90° range), but on the right side you have to be more down than right (45° range) or else you will die.
Back in the day it seemed that in my tournament matches the action was always on the right side of the stage while I trained on the left side and I ended up pretty mad until I found out what was happenning.

So yes, lucario's up-B is not symmetrical. Maybe someone was drunk at work when they coded the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom