• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extra jump is kiling me.

G3rain1

Smash Apprentice
This happens not all the time but enough to throw me off. When ever I'm jumping around in the air I sometimes get an extra jump, (usually after the third) and its really annoying when i want to fair or bair someone and I end up jumping over them. Jigs was my main in melee and this never happened, what changed? Is anyone else getting this? How do I avoid it?

RPK

Smash Lord
I do have to say that I get this sometimes too...Its wierd...She sometimes jumps when I tell her not too....Its kinda annoying...

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I haven't noticed this yet.. Could it be you're tilting up without realizing it and it's causing you to jump? Try turning off up=jump and see if it still happens.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
If you hold down X or Y (or up, I guess), you will continually use jumps until you run out. The more Jigglypuff jumps, the shorter they get, and the sooner a held button will initiate an extra jump. You're probably just accidentally holding down the jump button a little too long.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Wyvern's post makes sense; I bet that's what's actually happening.

G3rain1

Smash Apprentice
If you hold down X or Y (or up, I guess), you will continually use jumps until you run out. The more Jigglypuff jumps, the shorter they get, and the sooner a held button will initiate an extra jump. You're probably just accidentally holding down the jump button a little too long.
How is this any different that melee?

And whats the buffering system?

RPK

Smash Lord
For me though, I have tap jump off and sometimes, when I have my thumb over A and Im holding up on the analog to prepare for an upair and sometimes I jump. I dunno...And I short hop so I immedietly let go of the jump button. ITs when Im just floating in mid air and she just jumps on her own ._.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
How is this any different that melee?

And whats the buffering system?
In melee the jump lasted the same amount of time, so the likelyhood of keeping your finger on the jump button was very small.

The buffering system is pretty much what melee had, but increased, so if you keep holding a for example, you'll do the entire jab combo as quick as possible, or when you arein your shieldstun/lag of anykind and you hold a trigger and direction you'll buffer a spot-dodge, jump, roll...

Top Bottom