• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extending VFX to other Costumes

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hello! I need some help with a quick thing. I want to extend Project M Shadow Queen Darkness VFX to costume Slots 08 and 09. How would I go about doing that? Google is being very unhelpful.

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I need some help with a quick thing. I want to extend Project M Shadow Queen Darkness VFX to costume Slots 08 and 09. How would I go about doing that? Google is being very unhelpful.
This is a basic one slot, and to extend the effects to the rest of the slots, edit the Else If Compare command, change the 2 to a 4. This applies to any attacks that Shadow Queen Peach has changed vfx, so do the same thing to each attack that has the darkness effect.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! this gave me a good direction.
Still need a little help though. the only place I found else if compare command in 11E under the Special Tab. but I got nothing.
here is a gyazo. https://gyazo.com/7bda9902f25378dec2d0a2b7ac205837
Thank you again for helping!
Oh, probably because I was using Brawlbox. In PSA, the command is called Else If Comparison. You need to go to the subactions tab, and go down to an attack with the vfx change(AttackHi3 - 54). In that subaction, modify the Else If Comparison, go down to the Comparison Method, and change the 2 to a 4. Don't forget to do this to every subaction that has this.

Yohan1044

Smash Rookie
The gist of it is scrolling through the subactions in PSA for the LABasic[54] variable and changing the conditionals to meet your needs....

But it's not as straightforward as that.
Peach actually has 3 different models with 3 different sets of sfx/gfx. And the costumes are out of order for what you're trying to do.

I can tell you that I've already done what you're trying to do... and that good things come to those who wait. You're looking to change her Entry, SideSpecial, UpTilt, and UpThrow.

Send me a PM or find me on the discords. I'll help you out.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Thank you so much! I'll try and message you on Smashboards later today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom