• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

extended second jump, anyone else done this?

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
ok this happened near the first month brawl was out, i was playing my brother (marth) and he knocked me off the stage. i had used my first jump earlier, and when i used my second jump it carried me from near bottom of the screen to where i was a maginying glass on the top of the screen. so it propelled me all the way up the screen, almost twice as far as his second jump should take him.

ever since then ive been trying to recreate the extended second jump and ive only been able to do it a second time, but im so useless i couldnt remember anything special i did. so i still have no idea how to do this. granted i havent worked heavally on this so i could work on DR. so i guess my question is, has anyone else done this? i wish i had some video to show you guys but i have no recording device.

and before anyone asks, no i wasnt fighting Mr GnW, my brother only plays marth. but thats a good way to describe it. ok so its like jumping with Mr GnW right under you using his U-air so you get a nice boost.

this better not be common knowledge otherwise i probably look incredably stupid.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh you can super jump, but I've never seen a jump that big.

Scala

Smash Ace
I doubt it, he says he was near the bottom of the screen implying there was no platform underneath him.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
na it was FD, since ive only done this twice i guess its some malfunction or something. my game likes to do a skip number every once and a while, (its a very rare thing), maybe during one of these skips it reset my second jump in the middle of it. i dont know much about technology but i guess since nobodys done this either it says my game has had something happen mid-gameplay, and thats the best thing i can come up with.

well thanks for your responces and not saying im stupid as hell :).

Top Bottom