• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extended Flame Choke From Edge

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed something. Now Ganon can cancel his "jump-up" animation from the edge and do an aerial flame choke from it, but he can also fall-jump-flamechoke onto the stage. If you do the latter at a precise angle he kind of snaps over the edge, which makes the flame choke longer. It's not a flame choke on the ground, but just above it. When you hit with it you slam ypur opponent into the ground immediately. Try it, and tell me if i'm crazy.

Last edited:

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
And his extended forward smash is back from Brawl. If you smash the control stick left and then the c-stick right directly after (or vice versa) the forward smash will be longer (Ganon will stand longer to the right when the smash is finished).

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Made 2 small discoveries while experimenting with flame choke from the edge. I put a standing fox cpu at the edge (balancing). I often managed to fall-jump-flame choke into edge-grabbing him and ganonciding (sexy).
I also managed to fall-jump-flamechoke right through fox, like i went underneath him!

EDIT: Yeah the ganoncide is easy. The other thing i failed to do again. Probably really precise.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, since the air choke can transition into the grounded version (added this in 2.1 I think) you can land after the grounded one would be pulling backwards, but still get the full forward movement from that animation making you go a bit further than a normal grounded choke and significantly longer than an air one. Also, because the type of landing you'll get is decided at the start you can get grounded movement with the air slam floor bounce. Can also do it on upward slopes if you start an air one right above the floor.

Stutter step f-smash lets you combo up angled f-smash out of d-throw when they DI behind (just c-stick behind and you'll get it, if you turn first then c-stick you can get a normal one if they're too close for stutter step). Since they're lower on behind DI it combos on a few characters that normally wouldn't fall low enough at kill percent for it, like Lucario and Marth. Pretty nice.

NME-TempesT

Smash Rookie
This trick works really well on slanted edges. For example, on Yoshis Island you can actually glide farther because you go from the aerial length + some added ground length. It works like Ike's Brawl sideb wavebounce shenanigans.

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
Anyone else tried B-Reversing Flame Choke? It seems that you get a tad more range out of it than you normally would since the motion caused by the reverse kind of cancels out the initial pull-back he does before shooting forward.

Top Bottom