• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXPosure 13 results, 8/23/14 - Oak Park, IL

Webs

Smash Cadet
EXPosure 13 | Results Thread | August 23, 2014 | Oak Park, IL

Hosted by:
EXP Gaming Lounge

Streamed by:
Windy City Smash

Everyone's headed off to school, and as a result, we had a lower overall turnout for EXPosure 13 than we've had for other recent monthlies. Fortunately, as compensation, Wisconsin and Indiana both turned up in force, including the likes of Frootloop, Cunning Kitsune, Trail, and Richardo.

With other regional Melee heavy hitters in attendance, Kels was forced to step up a notch to defend his title. Frootloop has won Melee at past EXPosures, and in Winner's Finals he took a 2-0 lead over Kels before Kelly made the switch to Marth and mounted a 3-0 comeback. Kels continued the Grand Finals set as Winner's Finals ended (with his Marth) and took the tournament 3-0. Other notable performances include Oro?! and Bieber, who both played excellent and took 3rd/4th respectively.

EXPosure 13 Melee Singles Playlist

Scythe, for reasons inexplicable to us mere mortals, continued to be a complete beast at the PM Monthlies. I'm not sure what it is about EXPosure events that brings out the best in his play, but despite a few early challenges (including a crazy 3 game Wolf ditto with Rat) he looked very solid, taking Oro?! out in Semis 2-0 and Grand Finals 3-1. Oro?! continued trying different characters until his Meta Knight forced Scythe off Wolf, but it only took one game of Scythe's Mario vs. the Meta Knight to seal the victory. Lazarond's Toon Link looked better than ever, and Frootloop made a strong showing despite limited PM experience.
EXPosure 13 PM Singles Playlist

Once again, I don't have specific placings for everyone who didn't make it out of pools, because those results were done by hand offline. Sorry! Only bracket results.

Rankings brackets will be added to the thread so you can claim points once they've been uploaded :)

Melee Results (50 Total Entrants): http://challonge.com/EXP13_Melee_Singles

1. Kels :foxmelee::marthmelee:
2. Frootloop :falcomelee:
3. Oro?! :marthmelee:
4. Bieber :jigglypuffmelee:

Project M Results (49 Total Entrants): http://challonge.com/EXP13_PM_Singles
1. Scythe :wolf:
2. Oro?!:zerosuitsamus:
3. Lazarond:toonlink:
4. Frootloop:falco:

Melee Doubles Results:

1. Frootloop & Tom R.
2. Trail & Cunning Kitsune
3. Arty & Scythe
4. Oro?! and ORLY

NEXT EVENT: SHOW ME YOUR MOVES 15! THIS COMING SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH! GO TO IT! YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL WEDNESDAY TO REGISTER!

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I loved the writeups you made, Webs! Thanks for putting up results threads for the Chicago tournaments. :)

Top Bottom