• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Expected Personal Teir List Before Playing The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
I made this tier list to show what me expectations for the game this is personal expectations and I want to see it evolve over time so for now its fairly pointless... come back in 3-4 weeks unless you want to help me decide pre-game

Hey guys... i made a teir list... its VERY rought and is only based on stuff from what i know so far... when it comes out i will continue to this and add, remove and mix stuff up... i think at most 1-2 chars will stay where they are

Anyway here it is

PRE-GAME (have NOT played it yet)
ATTEMPT 1

ATTEMPT 2

So... how is it? i know you probs all disagree but i am just guessing based on what i have seen so yea... dont kill me T^T

Also, i know this is very false but i want to show the change in the list over time... keep that in mind please :)

ALSO
I have to keep saying this its a personal opinion and i play to watch it slowly evolve as i play the game once i get it, it is nothing but my expectations and nothing factual please understand this before commenting - Thanks

Last edited:

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
If you know that everyone is going to think you're wrong and you haven't even played the game yet why bother making this to begin with?

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Ya this is not a very good tier list.
the game hasn't been out long enough to make a tier list. ZSS is definitely A tier in this game though.

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
If you know that everyone is going to think you're wrong and you haven't even played the game yet why bother making this to begin with?
my plan was to make multiple pictures of my teir list opinions as i play the game so it will change over time...

eventually i hoped it to become perfect while showing my improvement along the way

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Ya this is not a very good tier list.
the game hasn't been out long enough to make a tier list. ZSS is definitely A tier in this game though.
As i said its personal guesses... i havnt played yet so as i said i p-lan to show the improvements as i go along

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
ZSS and Kirby in D?
i have read a bit and i heard kirby wasnt very good in SSB4 and ZSS i feel as good as she did in the other games of the 10 seconds i have seen of her in gameplay... keep in mind this is just for fun :)

EDIT: i looked into it a bit more and i feel like they do seam A- Teir to lemme make my first change and move them there :D

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
As i said its personal guesses... i havnt played yet so as i said i p-lan to show the improvements as i go along
I understand, but its still way to early to make a tier list, and without playing the game yourself, its hard to know if what people say is true. the saying "take with a grain of salt" comes to mind, even if people say a character is good doesn't really mean they are. like shofu, for example, was saying every character was really good the first day he played it.

Last edited:

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
I understand, but its still way to early to make a tier list, and without playing the game yourself, its hard to know if what people say is true. the saying "take with a grain of salt" comes to mind, even if people say a character is good doesn't really mean they are. like shofu, for example, was saying every character was really good the first day he played it.
I just thought when this evolves it would be cool to see what my pre-game expectations were

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Way too early man!
Hey guys... i made a teir list... its VERY rought and is only based on stuff from what i know so far... when it comes out i will continue to this and add, remove and mix stuff up... i think at most 1-2 chars will stay where they are\

Anyway here it is

So... how is it? i know you probs all disagree but i am just guessing based on what i have seen so yea... dont kill me T^T

Also, i know this is very false but i want to show the change in the list over time... keep that in mind please :)
Why is Link in C tier? That makes no sense. He had the snot buffed out of him. Link is better than Marth in Smash 4. Especially since Link now has tippers and amazing KO viability this time....

Last edited:

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Way too early man!

Why is Link in C tier? That makes no sense. He had the snot buffed out of him. Link is better than Marth in Smash 4. Especially since Link now has tippers and amazing KO viability this time....
as i said multiple times its my expectations and has nothing factual about it...

I felt link didnt feel so great... C is average anyway so he is in the middle as I feel he should be... nothing to special nothing to crippling

KingBroly

Smash Lord
These are pretty terrible. I get the feeling that you haven't seen much play at all, and if you have, you don't have a real sense for the quality of play that you're seeing.

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
These are pretty terrible. I get the feeling that you haven't seen much play at all, and if you have, you don't have a real sense for the quality of play that you're seeing.
i havnt seen much gameplay... eah please read what i have said multiple times... its my expectations and has nothing factual in it...

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Nothing personal but I think you should at least watch gameplay before making a thread for a tier list

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Nothing personal but I think you should at least watch gameplay before making a thread for a tier list
i have watched gameplay but not to much... about 3 hours? but still its just my expectations... i plan to change it to fact later

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Like he said, you shouldn't make tier lists based off of limited game knowledge, let alone a thread about it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
i have watched gameplay but not to much... about 3 hours? but still its just my expectations... i plan to change it to fact later
....three hours...... I'm sorry but that's just not enough. I have played the demo for over 25 hours of playtime and I can't make a tier list of the 5 we have! I have been testing Turn Cancelling, Moondadhing, vexing, and all the other techniques and everything else. The most I can say are the characters strength and weaknesses at this point. Not how they add up to each other in a "tier" list. Even that, you still haven't seemed to take into account custom moves which will be a big part of the Meta.
as i said multiple times its my expectations and has nothing factual about it...

I felt link didnt feel so great... C is average anyway so he is in the middle as I feel he should be... nothing to special nothing to crippling
What are you talking about?! Link has a good recovery, he has very useful projectiles, he has a ton of approach options(tc'd bair is my personal favorite) due to Link having zero landing lag due to having zero landing lag on three of his five aerials, and a ton of kill moves such as ftilt, tipped fsmash, fsmash 2, dsmash, dash attack, and he can also edge guard like a cham.

Last edited:

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Like he said, you shouldn't make tier lists based off of limited game knowledge, let alone a thread about it.
....three hours...... I'm sorry but that's just not enough. I have played the demo for over 25 hours of playtime and I can't make a tier list of the 5 we have! I have been testing Turn Cancelling, Moondadhing, vexing, and all the other techniques and everything else. The most I can say are the characters strength and weaknesses at this point. Not how they add up to each other in a "tier" list. Even that, you still haven't seemed to take into account custom moves which will be a big part of the Meta.
As i have stated i made this for the future its fairly pointless now i know but just let it evolve over time once I have played it

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
As i have stated i made this for the future its fairly pointless now i know but just let it evolve over time once I have played it
Why did you make this for the future? Just make a thread when you are ready instead of very inaccurate tier lists

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
Why did you make this for the future? Just make a thread when you are ready instead of very inaccurate tier lists
Yea i thought of that once i made it... how do you delete threads? XD i am a noob to smashboards

EDIT: I am liking this thread now, I will keep it

Last edited:

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
You, don't xD. Just ask for a mod to lock it
I guess i will just keep it going for now... i know how useless it was but i thought progression would be cool and letting everyone watch over as i fix it to become a decent tier list...

Raijinken

Smash Master
Just going off your Attempt 2 and what I've seen, I'd probably bump Villager down to B or so. Mac will probably float around A for For Glory due to FD being the only stage, but otherwise bump him WAY down. I hear people hyping up Robin, which I like, but I haven't seen anything particularly impressive from him. Spacing seems good, but his kill power and recovery both seem very average. Rosaluma I can see being good in skilled hands, but I haven't seen any of those yet. DeDeDe looks FAR better than D- tier, though.

I think Wii Fit will probably end up better than Zelda at least. Bowser should probably be at least B tier, Greninja should probably fall a bit. Pikachu seems to be the definition of average in this game, so I'd bump him down and Sheik up. Luigi seems lacking, Link and Fox should probably be above him. Haven't seen enough Samus or Olimar.

Miis seem fairly average, Pac Man seems average-to-bad (C- maybe), and Palutena seems above average to me.

Senario

Smash Ace
Uh...why? Even the most competitive players do not bother making a tier list right now because we dont have matchup data for creating a tier list with.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
Well I personally think it's an interesting idea to start with even if there isn't much to it. What's up with people hating speculation, I always thought it was all good and fun.

Last edited:

Staccato

Smash Cadet
Well I personally think it's an interesting idea to start with even if there isn't much to it. What's up with people hating speculation, I always thought it was all good and fun.
I think people just hates baseless speculation.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I think people just hates baseless speculation.
I believe he's trying to show a development from baseless speculation to well informed, with a little crowd sourcing of opinion there certainly isn't entirely baseless speculation going on here.

I personally take any tier ranking with a gran of salt considering melee's is still being debated.

aquaclaw

Smash Cadet
I believe he's trying to show a development from baseless speculation to well informed, with a little crowd sourcing of opinion there certainly isn't entirely baseless speculation going on here.

I personally take any tier ranking with a gran of salt considering melee's is still being debated.

Just going off your Attempt 2 and what I've seen, I'd probably bump Villager down to B or so. Mac will probably float around A for For Glory due to FD being the only stage, but otherwise bump him WAY down. I hear people hyping up Robin, which I like, but I haven't seen anything particularly impressive from him. Spacing seems good, but his kill power and recovery both seem very average. Rosaluma I can see being good in skilled hands, but I haven't seen any of those yet. DeDeDe looks FAR better than D- tier, though.

I think Wii Fit will probably end up better than Zelda at least. Bowser should probably be at least B tier, Greninja should probably fall a bit. Pikachu seems to be the definition of average in this game, so I'd bump him down and Sheik up. Luigi seems lacking, Link and Fox should probably be above him. Haven't seen enough Samus or Olimar.

Miis seem fairly average, Pac Man seems average-to-bad (C- maybe), and Palutena seems above average to me.
Thanks for the input, I am on my iPad before school now so I will work this information into the 3rd tier list soon, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom