• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Execution error on my part?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Greets Sonics.

I main MK but I want to learn to play Sonic decently.

I'm currently trying to improve my recovery game by doing the side-b into a jump "trick" for a lot of horizontal distance. However, I can't seem to gain even half the distance as I see in numberous YouTube videos.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Tenki

Smash Hero
That would be the spinshot technique, right?

If you do it right, you won't get an attack aura, and you'll lose your double jump.

It's a flick from B to either the jump or attack button. The timing between the release of B and pressing A is similar to the time gap between jump and attack to do a SH (lagless) d-air with Ganondorf or Falcon.

@.@; It's all a matter of timing practice. If you do it and hold forward, you'll get maximum distance, simple as that.

If you go straight up, then you're pressing jump/attack either too early or too late.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i get the same problem when trying to spinshot. i get the normal stuff like lose my second jump and what not, but i go a really short distance.

Top Bottom